PT and Me!!

        I still have so much pain. I am walking with a limp!  I called my physical therapist yesterday and wanted to cancel today's session.  She called me back and wanted to see me. She thought that she could massage my muscle.  So I said OK.  I went to chair yoga earlier in the day. And I just love that class. The stretches make me feel so good!  When my PT came, I still had the same pain.  She massaged me a little and showed me some stretches to do!
 I will practice the stretches if I am able to do them without too much pain.  Later in the day I went to get my nails done.  Sitting in the chair for about 50 minutes really hurt my back.  Whenever I am in pain, my Parkinson's seems to act up like crazy!  I had so much trouble walking ad keeping my balance today. Dan picked up Olya from school today.  She and Olivia were sitting on my bed chatting with me while I was getting undressed.  Then I went over and started to slide down the edge of the bed and Olivia grabbed me. I was like, OMG, I am slipping off.  Olivia and Olya said they watched me and knew I was sliding off so Olivia grabbed me. I am glad she noticed!
Tomorrow the Occupational therapist is coming to evaluate me for the LSVT BIG program for Parkinson's exercises. My PT wants me to do the program even if I still have pain.  I don't want to waste my physical therapy sessions because I only get so many a year.  Later I went to the library writer's group.  I didn't really like any of the stories that people wrote but i still tried to be positive for them.  Their writings just were not my thing. After the occupational therapist comes and evaluates me, I am going to meet my friend Leslie for lunch.  Then I am taking Olya shopping.  She wants to buy a pantsuit to go on interviews for her internships she is applying for.  I think she should get a dress or a skirt and blazer but it is up to her!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2