LEAD LEGS

        My legs often feel like they are made of lead, especially when I wake up in the middle of the night.  They are stiff and rigid, and I have so much difficulty rolling over or just moving to the edge of the bed to get up and out. I sort of feel like I am pulling my legs up and out of quicksand! After I have been in bed sleeping or just sitting on a couch for a few hours, my legs are stiff and rigid! I already wake up several times during the night due to my PD sleep disorder.  I am rigid on both sides of my body.  My muscles are stiff and resist moving. At night when I wake up, I have to take my right arm and pull up my left arm from under my body if I am sleeping on it or vice versa!  I can't just pull up my arm by itself....so annoying!!!
         My friend Debbie, also a bereaved mom, sent us a box of Valentine goodies!  I already finished my bag of candies. The flowers are for Amy, Debbie never forgets her.  And her adorable granddaughters Brielle and Paige always send me cute crafts!! I just love their crafts and look forward to them.
 
.


          Tonight I went to a writer's group at the local library.  There were about six people in the group and everyone shared their writings, some were writing books, some shared short stories, some were writing memoirs, and some just shared pieces they had written. It was a really nice group of people and I enjoyed the evening.  I mentioned that I blog about Parkinson's and the young woman next to me told me that she also has Parkinson's.  She has early onset Parkinson's.   She belongs to the local support group so I think I will go to the next meeting, she said most of the people in the support group are males but she and her friend go and I guess I would be the third female! She lives really close to me in the same township so I am glad to have a new friend who totally understands what it is really like to have PD! She is VERY positive and upbeat so I think it will be wonderful to enjoy spending some time with her! She also goes to the boxing gym that I use to go to before my Sciatica was so bad but now that it is a little better, I will try the boxing class again.

FLOWERS FOR AMY

THANK YOU PAIGE AND BRIELLE!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2