Chair Yoga

         Today I called and made an appointment with my doctor because I have had a cough from the flu for over two weeks.     

It is so annoying and I just can't seem to shake it off.  I couldn't see my regular doc because he was booked so I had to see one of the other docs! He said that some people have effects of the flu for over 4 weeks!  Yikes! I thought it would be over by now and I had gotten a flu shot!  So much for the flu shot! He gave me an antibiotic and prescription cough medicine with codeine, hopefully it will work!  While I was there I asked him about taking Statins with PD. I told him that someone in one of  the PD  groups told me that statins are really bad for people with PD. I read a few articles online that said they can exacerbate the effects of PD.  He told me that he hadn't read anything about it at all and it was better for me to check with my neurologist.  Below is the latest information I have found about PD and statins!
: Recent studies have suggested a relation between statin use and the risk of Parkinson’s disease (PD). However, the conclusions are inconsistent. Some studies found an increased incidence of PD among statin users; others found a decreased incidence. Others showed that PD incidence was related to baseline cholesterol levels.

After my doctor appointment, I went to Chair Yoga. I like the class because it is a class for seniors and it is very gentle yoga.  There are chairs to lean on and I really like that a lot!  I could stand for the whole class but I like having the chair as a safety net.  Today there were a great deal of balancing activities and i was not good at them, hopefully I will get better at them with practice!
      Last night we did some chair yoga at the support group meeting and I felt like it was more of a workout! I really loved the instructors at the support group meeting, they are all positive!
        Tonight I am meeting my friend Priscilla for dinner. I haven't seen Priscilla for a bit because I missed the bereaved parent meeting this week,  I went to the PD Support group meeting which was on the same night.

Info from my support group:

  • Book from the Davis Phinney Foundation for Parkinson’s - “Every Victory Counts: Essential Information and Inspiration for a Lifetime of Wellness with Parkinson’s Disease”
FREE (donation optional) digital download  or $5.50 for mailed print edition

  • Book from the Parkinson’s Foundation – “Caring and Coping: A Caregiver’s Guide to Parkinson’s Disease”
FREE PDF format or print edition

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2