A NEW Outlook on Parkinson's

        I have a lot of faithful blog readers! Thank you to everyone who reads and shares information. One of my blog readers has told me that he has HALTED the progression of Parkinson's by exercising vigorously everyday.  I would love to be able to do that except for my Sciatica!! The Sciatica pain prevents me form doing anything physical.  I use to go to the gym three times a week and walk on the treadmill but my sciatica is so painful that I know it would be worse if I tried going again. However,  my plan is to try to go to the gym tomorrow!!I have had PT in my home, about 35 sessions and I did the exercises everyday that the PT gave me for homework! She dismissed me from the program because my painful sciatica prevented me from improving. Today I have an appointment with a PT to get measures for orthodics. If that decreases my Sciatica pain, then I can go to the gym again, I have not been there for over a year!


        Yesterday was my girlfriend Carol's birthday party!! It was in a lovely restaurant and we all had a wonderful time!! The ENTIRE time I was there, I forgot ALL about my Parkinson's and my Sciatica! I even helped serve cake and didn't drop one slice!! I totally forgot that I shouldn't be doing that because there could have been broken plates all over the place!! I must admit that I still did the two and three step shuffle.  My brain just let me be Carol's friend yesterday instead of Carol's friend with Parkinson's! I am so glad that my friend Jackie and her husband Bill hosted the party for her!! Carol has a checkered past, she spent many years hanging with juvenile delinquents and being in the local jail!!( She was a special ed teacher and she worked with students in the juvenile justice system!!) My friend Nancy did a top ten list of why Carol is a wonderful friend!! It was so funny!! I took photos for Carol and Jackie, and once again, I totally forgot about Parkinson's or being off balance! Normally I have to hold onto something to take a picture but I forgot about that! I think Jackie needs to keep hosting parties for my mental health well being!!
        This morning my friend MJ messaged me and asked me to take a new mom into the bereaved moms' group I host once a month. I called the woman and she is just lovely and she is going to join our group!

Comments

  1. have you tried steroid injection? i know we don;t like to even consider letting someone stick a needle into that "owie", however i know people whose pain us gone. my most recent friend is going on 4 months of no pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had about 7 shots and they work about 48 hours!! But thanks for the info!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2