Stiff Neck

        Today I woke up with a stuff neck! It is so painful that I forgot about my sciatica for a while. I took two Tylenol every few hours and maybe that is why my sciatica didn't bother me as much as it usually does.  I could feel the pain in my neck every time I moved! I didn't realize how much I move my head all day long until it was painful to do so. I got up at 7:30 because I had workers coming to clean my kitchen floor. I just can't do it any more!  They didn't get to my house until 9:30 because they are also working on my driveway and had to get filler and blacktop stuff!   I cleaned the kitchen while I waited for them. Tomorrow I just have to clean the family room and run my Roomba! My Parkinson's was definitely front and center, even with my stiff neck. I kept freezing in one spot and my  balance was way off!. It is really annoying to be cleaning a toilet and feeling  like you are going to fall into the bowl!! Yesterday I chatted online with a friend whose dad had Parkinson's.  She told me that he never got tremors and that his only difficulty was his gait! I have balance issues but I am getting use to them. Difficulty walking is a big deal but I hope that is all I ever get with this dreaded disease. I usually get the worst possible thing when I get a disease but I am hopeful that won't happen with Parkinson's.


        Today I made the cookie dough for the Hershey kisses cookies and I made cookie dough for sugar cookies. I was OK using the mixer because I could lean on he counter.  Priscilla and I will make the pizzelles and fill the plates in Dec. I am looking for a light and airy pizzelle cookie recipe so send it to me if any reader has a good one! Tomorrow is my birthday. Carol, Jackie, and Nancy took me out to lunch last Su nday to celebrate my birthday! I will celebrate with Dan, Olivia, Olya, Renee and Adam next Sunday because Olya is still at school and Renee has to work tomorrow. It seems to be the birthday that never ends!! I found a recipe for a Russian Apple Cake and I want the girls to make that cake for me! Priscilla came over and we played my new game, Pick Two,that my sister-in-law Pennie sent to me.  We had so much fun playing.  We both love word games.  We are thinking about trying to organize a group to meet once a month to play word games! Priscilla brought me a Carol Burnett DVD as a gift and Dan, Priscilla, and I had fun watching the DVD and eating pizza. Olivia came home from work and chatted with us! She LOVES Priscilla.  Olivia told us that she did a Miami newscaster's hair today and the young woman LOVED it! She wants Olivia to fly to Florida to do her sister's hair for her wedding!! I don't think that will ever happen but it is exciting to be praised like that!!
BELOW IS MY POST FROM LAST YEAR'S BLOG ON MY BIRTHDAY!

         November 17, 2018
         Today I am thankful that my best friend Priscilla came over last night. She picked up take-out for us from Paneras and I made popcorn. We chatted and played Parcheesi!! I haven't played that game in years! We had so much fun!! We laughed so much! She brought over Princess hats since today is my birthday.  Dan came home from his trip with Renee and Olya!
  Skinny Priscilla lost over 30 pounds!!

 I am so thankful and happy that Olya is home for a week!! Dan and Renee and Olya went shopping at a few outlets today n the way home from picking her up at college for her Thanksgiving break!!  Olya bought a new outfit for Thanksgiving. while they were shopping. she got a really cute skirt and a new sweater to go with it.  I let Olya have $600 a semester of her money for spending money at college.  Olya has $250 left! She told me that she thought she was only permitted to spend $300 a semester!  Olya is very good with money!


      I am also thankful that today is my birthday!!
Happy Birthday to me.!Tonight we will play board games and order steak sandwiches and hoagies and pizza. I love games, especially Pictionary and Scattergories! Olivia baked my cake and Renee decorated my cake.  Renee is really good with writing with frosting, I am not good at that at all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2