A Detailed Day in my Life with PD

         Per usual, I was awake off and on all night. Yesterday I exercised at home for about 45 minutes and that usually helps me sleep.  But there is no rhyme or reason with PD and what constitutes normal any more.  I woke up after sleeping about two hours from 7 to 9 a m.  I scrunched over and dangled my legs off the side of the bed and waited to feel movement in my feet. Then I got up and hobbled to the bathroom with my rolling walker.  I ran the shower and brushed my teeth. Then I took what use to be a ten minute shower(and now is at least 25-20 min) and dried off. I put on my serum moisturizer and brushed my hair.  By the way, I use No. 7 face products and they are great. They can be found at Target and Walgreens and can be purchased online.  After getting dressed, I cleaned the bathroom counter/sink and cleaned the toilet. I am anal about cleaning.  I made my bed and looked at the clock. I carried down the trash from my bathroom trash can. Whenever I am carrying something, I need to sit gong down the steps, especially when I am off balance which usually happens when I don't sleep well. I took my meds and was ready to start my day!
     I wobbled to the family room after I got down the steps.  I often wonder what people would think of me if they saw me wobbling around my house. I don't know if I look drunk or look tired or just look weird.   I sat down at my computer and I read my email and looked at my Facebook messages. Someone shared with me that there is a  Youtube video for Chair Yoga. I will  check that out!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh7jQ-Kx428  It seems to be really good! I only watched part of it.  For some reason, my balance was off today. I had a lot of difficulty getting up and down from the couch.  I got up after pushing myself to do so and made toast and got OJ to drink.  I started working on the chapter for my new book. I like to write and I joined a writer's club at the local library. I don't have any intention of trying to publish my book but I am having fun writing it.   
          Renee called me because she is off from work tomorrow and we were discussing something fun to do.  She wanted to go visit my friend Leslie's  adorable French Bull dog!   Dan went to Acme to get gallons of water and cases of bottle water.  I food shopped yesterday but I do not have the strength  to lift even one gallon or one case of water. I feel bad that I have to send Dan but I have absolutely no strength or balance to carry cases of water.  My Sciatica is awful today so I was in a lot of pain. After that I talked to my sister and later to my friend Joni on the phone.  Dan and I then left to go to Target and buy new telephones.  I asked him to drop me off at the door because I was afraid to walk far because I was doing the two and three step shuffle.  I got a cart right away so that I had something to lean on.  We chose a new set of phones and then we shopped in the food section.  (IT IS ALWAYS ABOUT THE FOOD!!)Tomorrow Renee and I are going to visit my friend Leslie. Renee is just dying to go play with her French Bull dog.  Leslie also has her son's French Bull dog this week so it will be a double dose of cuteness! I got two dog toys for the dogs at Target! 
         We stopped at a car wash because Dan's car was dirty. Why is it that is seems like so much fun to ride in the car during the car wash?  When we first adopted Olivia, Dan took her to the car wash. She was so excited and just loved going through it!   When she got home, she ran up to me and said..."Mom,  machina(car in Russian) shower!" 
     
         After shopping, we came home and Dan unloaded the car. I  just was not able to help him carry anything in but I was able to help put away the items.  Then I sat and read my book for Book Club.  We are reading  GO SET A WATCHMAN by Harper Lee. 



From Harper Lee comes a landmark new novel set two decades after her beloved Pulitzer Prize–winning masterpiece, To Kill a Mockingbird.
Maycomb, Alabama. Twenty-six-year-old Jean Louise Finch—"Scout"—returns home from New York City to visit her aging father, Atticus. Set against the backdrop of the civil rights tensions and political turmoil that were transforming the South, Jean Louise's homecoming turns bittersweet when she learns disturbing truths about her close-knit family, the town, and the people dearest to her. Memories from her childhood flood back, and her values and assumptions are thrown into doubt. Featuring many of the iconic characters from To Kill a MockingbirdGo Set a Watchman perfectly captures a young woman, and a world, in painful yet necessary transition out of the illusions of the past—a journey that can only be guided by one's own conscience.
Written in the mid-1950s, Go Set a Watchman imparts a fuller, richer understanding and appreciation of Harper Lee. Here is an unforgettable novel of wisdom, humanity, passion, humor, and effortless precision—a profoundly affecting work of art that is both wonderfully evocative of another era and relevant to our own times. It not only confirms the enduring brilliance of To Kill a Mockingbird, but also serves as its essential companion, adding depth, context, and new meaning to an American classic.)     

 It is sot of a follow up to TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD. So far, so good, but I have just started it!
      I sort of am taking it easy because my Carbidopa Levodopa is not working that well. Maybe I need to increase my dose.  We are supposed to go out to dinner with our friends Joni and Lee tonight but we will see. They are going to look at a car for their son which is far away so we'll wait and see what time they get back!! Now I am finishing my blog post and then going back to my writing! I look like a normal, everyday person when I am sitting but when I need to move, OMG, I look like I have had a few too many drinks..........and the funny thing is that I don't drink at all!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2