Laser Treatment and Lunch

        Yesterday I went for a laser treatment. My PT told me that they had had a meeting about me with the laser Doc!  I just seem to be at a standstill and not improving. I think I just may need to get surgery which I don't want to do.  I now have had 14 treatments and will go for 5 more and then give up if I don't have improvement. The visits are $50/session!! So I have expended $700 already! I don't mind paying any amount if I  get relief!  I had another treatment today and another scheduled for tomorrow.
       I met my friend Leslie for lunch yesterday. I love to hang with Leslie. She is the kindest nicest person ever.  Like me, she has had a great deal of tragedy in her life but she still is a very positive person!  Neither one of us really like the whole Christmas thing with overbuying gifts, etc.  Christmas is just gluttony gone wild! The entire time I was at lunch with her, I totally forgot about Parkinson's and Sciatica! There definitely has to be a connection between brain activity and disease symptoms. My online friend Hans, who also has PD, told me that he, along with his neurologist believes that we can trick our brain into forgetting about our disease.
        I finally finished baking Christmas cookies.  Woo Hoo! My back is bothering me so much.  I finished filling the cookie plates! Next year, Priscilla and I are going to buy boxes of candy instead of baking.
       My Sciatica really acts up in wet weather and today I am in terrible pain.  Tonight is the nighttime bereaved parent meeting.  I hope I feel OK to go to the meeting. Tomorrow I will see my neurologist. I am anxious to hear what stage of PD I am in.  A few other docs have told me that they don't think I have Parkinson's Disease but I see an expert in that field and he thinks I have it as well as the first neurologist I ever saw.
      Tomorrow night I am going to dinner with my three best long time friends!! We are having our second annual Christmas celebration.  I am thinking that by the end of December, someone will have to roll my fat body out the door because I am spending so much time eating out and eating cookies while I am at home! I also have the library book club tomorrow afternoon and I am excited to go to that.  I am hoping that having three laser treatments in a row will be a turning point to lessen my pain!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2