Camping with Parkinson's

        Sunday was Dan's birthday and he wanted to go camping for his birthday!!
  I thought it would be too cold but he said that we had heat in the camper!!

So off we went on Sat morning!  Renee came with us and we camped about 30 minutes from Olya's college.  I really wanted to leave Parkinson's and Sciatica at home but of course, once again they refused to stay back!!  On Sat night we ate at Hoss' and we went to see the movie Maleficent!  The movie was really good!  We saw it in an old fashioned movie theater!The people behind us were from a town right near where we live!!

We were in a very small town and that was the only theater.

The bathroom was close to us but it was up a huge flight of steps so Dan had to drive me back and forth to the bathroom! Parkinson's and Sciatica refused to let me go up the stairs and I did try! Olivia was having a heart attack because we had no cell service at the campground! I loved it! On Sun. morning Dan and Renee went and picked up Olya.   On Sat. I had seen a sign for a museum so after Dan picked up Olya, the five of us went to the museum!  It was amazing!!! It was three HUGE buildings filled with things from the 1800s to the present time!  We met the 97 year old man who collected all of these things. He must be filthy rich because he bought a farm and had the buildings built to house his items. The ticket price was only $10 each!


Such a great museum!!!!










Isett Heritage Museum is home to the area's largest collection of antiques and memorabilia. Family oriented, educational and fun for all ages with exhibits from 1800's to present day. Explore our many themed displays on a fully guided tour or browse the multiple building at your leisure. The museum encompasses 3 buildings and has something of interest for everyone. From old toys and trains to old cameras and film equipment, from old clothing and furniture to old cars, from historical guns and military info to a church vestibule. Each section set up to enhance the items shown and the experience of the time period. From household items of the 1800's to business displays of the 50's! Its all fun to see.

 After we went to the museum, we went to a nature center. Renee had worked at this nature center in college during an internship!   It was fun to see all the birds and reptiles. I couldn't walk up the steps at the nature preserve but they had a ramp for people like me! By the end of this visit, my Sciatica was running hot and painful!! Fortunately there were places I could sit down along the way! The Nature Center was free but made a donation to help!



           After the Nature Center, we went to Olya's apartment and chatted with her sweet roommate and Dan opened his gifts! Matt, Olya's boyfriend, came over too. He gave Dan a gift card to Barnes and Noble! I can't believe that they have been dating for two years! We then went out to dinner at a fabulous steak and seafood place. My dinner was so good. I even forgot about Sciatica!!
On  Thursday I got the nicest card and heart from my friend Mary. I am so glad that she is in my life and that card was such a kind thing and made me feel so good!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2