PARKINSON'S and a STEP UP!

        Everyday it seems as if Parkinson's and Sciatica rob me. It is a steady and gradual robbery.  Sometimes I don't know that they have taken something until I want to use it! I needed to get on Levodopa and I did.  I needed to see a neurologist and I did that, as a matter of fact I saw 3 of them! I kept hoping one of them would say I didn't have Parkinson's.  The meds definitely helped me move and control my body a little.  I had to increase from one tablet 3 times daily to one and a half tablets 3 times daily and I did that.  I needed to take PT and I did but it didn't help at all!  Someone on one of the Parkinson's group said that they did a certain exercise and it cured their Sciatica! I asked her to tell us the exercise because I will do it faithfully! I take 200 mg of Gabapentin 3 times daily but my Sciatica is still terrible! I needed to see a speech pathologist and I saw one for about 15 sessions!
     We have a home improvement/carpenter doing a ton of odd jobs at our house. I asked him to build a step for me because I have to hold on and actually lift myself into the house from my patio doors. I have a death grip on the door frame because I have fallen getting in before. He built this step for me and I LOVE it. It makes my life so much easier. I never had trouble walking in the doors until I got PD.  I don't know why my leg doesn't work the way I want it to work. I know I have less dopamine in my brain but stepping up or in seems like it should be an easy thing to do. My husband's car is an SUV and I have to actually lift up my left leg with both arms and then I grab onto Dan's hand and he pulls me in!

A few inches makes such a huge difference! I have shower bars, I think I need a toilet bar in my master bathroom.  Unfortunately, I have three walkers and have to use them almost everyday. I keep one in my car because I am always afraid I might need it when I am out. I have had to use it religiously for the past week or so.
       Tomorrow I am going to an appt with my family doctor. I need to get the radio frequency ablation for my sciatica. My pain management doc wants me to get another steroid shot but they only last about two weeks and I need some relief form this ongoing pain!! My foot is swollen and I have rested it, iced it, and elevated it and it still is swollen and hurts!!

        In life, I have had wonderful things happen to me and have had terrible things happen to me. But throughout it all, my friends have stood by me.  My college friend Mary sent me a note in the mail telling me that she is thinking about me and praying for me!  Today I received a note from my friend Deb telling me that she is thinking about me and praying for me. I really appreciate the notes and phone calls and texts from my friends!  My other college friend Joann called me today to see how I was doing!  It really is the little things in life that mean the most..a kind word or thought, a hug, a note a phone call, a text message. My friend Debbie sent me a lovely note and CANDY! Who doesn't LOVE candy?? My friend Lena and her parents had us for dinner on Sunday night!  We had the best time!  Every time I see them, I learn more about Ukraine!  So THANK YOU to ALL of my friends. And thank you Lord for bringing them into my life.
         I do not have a Twitter or Instagram or Vine account. If anyone does, go on Tik Tok and follow @olyasarah98.  She is my daughter and she has over 9,000 followers. She is funny!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2