Parkinson's and Gay Bingo

     Last night I went to GAY BINGO with my friend Priscilla. I had never been to a GAY BINGO game. The proceeds support AIDS victims and helps to pay rent, medicines, etc.  It was quite an event. I was the ONLY person there who had a walker! Fortunately it was a good night for me and I was able to park it in the corner.  Priscilla and I and her friend sat at a table with really nice people. The gay couple across from us explained things that we didn't understand. There were quite a few really dressed up gay people who performed dances and walked around collecting money for AIDS victims.  I didn't even think about Parkinson's or my sciatica while I was there!  While we were waiting for the game to start, I looked over and saw my niece Erica and her best friend Jennie!! They were with another friend and it was also their first time at GAY BINGO!!  They couldn't sit with us because they had other assigned seats and our table was full!! They didn't know that they could bring in food and drinks so we shared our food with them because the concession prices were WAY over the top, even for a fundraiser. I think the pretzels were $3.00 each.  We had so much fun!! The night was quite entertaining!!







 I didn't win any Bingo games but I did win 4 free tickets to a play in the city tonight. I gave the tickets to Olivia. She and Frankie and another couple they are friendly with went to the play. It is supposed to be stand up comedy and has gotten good reviews. The star is Hannah Gadsby, I think she performs all over the U.S.   Hannah Gadsby (born 12 January 1978) is an Australian comedian, writer, actor and television presenter. She rose to prominence after winning the national final of the Raw Comedy competition for new comedians in 2006 and since then has toured internationally as well as appearing on Australian and New Zealand television and British
In 2018, the release of a film version of Gadsby's stand-up show called Nanetteby Netflix brought her to the attention of international audiences.
As of 2019 she has been touring the US and Australia with her new show Douglas)


The face value of the tickets was $75 each so I think they will have great seats!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2