Yoga and Book Club

         Today I went to Silver Sneakers Chair Yoga!  I thought it meant we would be sitting in chairs doing yoga.  It just meant that there was a chair next to each person for balance if needed!! We sat on the chairs for the last five minutes to cool down! I liked the class but I was NOT very good at it. I do think I will go again next week!  The stretching made my leg feel better.........after it ached for an hour or so!  After yoga I wen home and cleaned.  I had a lot of energy and cleaned my kitchen and appliances. My balance was really off yesterday and today! I guess that is just part of Parkinson's. Dan came home early and went with me to pick up Olivia from Cosmetology school.
 Then we went to Acme and got items for dinner! I have difficulty carrying heavy bags now so I like to have Dan with me when I food shop.

      Yesterday I picked up Olivia from Cosmetology school.  Dan was working so he couldn't go with me.  I don't know how we got on the conversation but Olivia asked me why I adopted her. I told her that my only guess and feeling was Divine Intervention. I would have never done that without some type of Divine lead.   It sort of came to me one day out of the blue! And I felt such a passion to see it through because we had so many bumps along the way. Ukraine shut down adoptions when we had our paperwork finally completed. I had to redo it twice because the documents were only good for a few months and then they expired. Dan had told me several years before about his friends who were bereaved parents and adopted from Ukraine. I thought they were nuts when he told me. I just now can't imagine our lives without Olya and Olivia!! So thank you, Lord!

         Tonight I went to the library book club meeting.  The book we read was White Chrysanthemum. It was so good, I highly recommend it. It was about "comfort women" during World War II.  I thought I knew a lot about history but I had never heard of "comfort women!" No one in the book club had heard about them. I asked my friend Adriana to join the book club, she is n my bereaved mom group.  She came and she fit right in! She said she is going to join the book club.  Bereaved moms, including me, have to be encouraged to go out of the house.  But once we get out, especially with another bereaved mom or a good friend, it is nice.
        When I got home from book club, Dan grilled filet mignon  and I made biscuits and corn on the cob.  Olivia, Dan and I had fun chatting and eating! Tomorrow my friend Leslie is coming over to visit and is bringing her new french bulldog puppy!! I got him a few little gifts!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2