Drained, Drooping, Sapped, and Down and Out With Parkinson's

   
        Today Parkinson's won.  I am worn-out, bone weary, exhausted, tired,  weak, done in, spent, drained, run-down, sapped, and wasted today!I am done in for today. I try to be positive but today I am bushed and I am out of gas!  I don't know why. I had a good night's sleep, I took all my meds and I am trying to keep a positive outlook on life.   Today we went to the cemetery, and I couldn't even get out of the car.  Then we went to Pet Smart to find a new climbing pole and scratch pad for our cats. They are starting to scratch at my new couches because they have worn out the bottom scratching posts.  After Pet Smart, we went to Giant to food shop.  I really waned in Giant. I had to lean on the shopping cart and force my legs forward.  After we checked out, I got in the car and wanted to go to sleep but I didn't.  Dan unloaded the groceries and I made a  salad for lunch, Dan had gotten a salad at the salad bar in Giant. I just sat down on the couch, ate lunch and rarely moved from it for the rest of the day.  I fell asleep for an hour or so.  I am even weary typing this blog!  I feel like everyday I am fighting against the effects of Parkinson's and some days like today, Parkinson's is the victor.  Tomorrow I will be ready to fight the effects again but today I gave in and was a couch potato because I was too weary to do anything else.
        Tomorrow is my first rock steady gym class. It is a boxing gym class designed for people with Parkinson's disease.  I hope I have the energy to get to class tomorrow.

Comments

  1. Holy crap, you got A LOT done in ONE DAY!! Got up, dressed, in the car WITH people, went shopping TWICE, and ate lunch?! Kudos, PD sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I am only two months diagnosed!! But I think I had it over a year

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2