APril 9 2020

APril 9, 2020
       Today my sciatica is really bothering me so I am trying to ignore it! Pain is NOT easy to ignore. I think I am becoming institutionalized!! I am now always thinking about the next meal, even when I'm not hungry! I have an order to be delivered from Giant next Tuesday, every time I look at the order, someone has added to it! I have rarely ever eaten breakfast, I was just never hungry in the morning. Now, because i am home all of the time, I am eating breakfast! 
        On Fri night we are having steak dinners from Longhorn. Dan will go pick them up! See, I am even blogging about food!
        I am so happy that we finally are eligible for a refund from American Airlines! We had planned to go to the Bahamas the second week of May. We purchased the tickets last June! Our hotel cancelled us a few weeks ago and refunded our money. Olya's boyfriend Matt was also going with us. He paid for his own ticket and i am glad that we are getting all the money refunded!
         The face masks in the photo were made by my DIL Kat. She is a great seamstress! I sent her some money from my sister and I because we are not sewers by any stretch of the imagination but we wanted to help in a small way! She is sending the face masks to my daughter Renee who works as a PA in an Emergency Room! She is making them for her friends who are docs, nurses or PAs. She doesn't charge anyone for them which is very kind of her! I think the elastic is difficult to get right now!
We are going to celebrate Easter on Zoom this year. My niece Erica will set it up and invite the rest of us into the room! I don't have a clue how to do that! My sister is still teaching at PSU so she also knows how to do it!
         Today I spoke to Hazel, she is a bereaved mom from my daytime lunch group. She is 90 but could probably run circles around me! She said that her neighbor gets milk, eggs, and bread for her every few days so she is just fine! We most likely will not meet in May and we never meet in the summer because it is too difficult to find times that work for everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2