April 6, 2020


April 6, 2020
         Today my sciatica was killing me when I got up! I told Dan that I have no idea why it is back and so painful again! He said that he noticed that I had been exercising a lot and maybe that was the reason! I always knew that exercise lead to nothing good!! I don’t know if I should not exercise for a few days and see if my sciatica calms down!
          Yesterday Dan and I stopped at Swiss Farms drive through. I told him to put on his mask when we left the cemetery which was only about a 10 minute drive to Swiss Farms.  When we got there, he rolled down his window, took off his mask and told the guy his order!! He wore the mask for the ride there but then took it off when he was chatting with the order guy!! Not too bright!  After we drove away I said to him….”YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO WEAR THE MASK WHEN YOU ARE IN CONTACT with other people. It doesn’t matter if you wear it while driving in the car with me!!!!!” He agreed that it wasn’t the smartest thing he ever did!
        My friends Carol and Jackie called me this morning!  I had really planned to call them and see how they were and how Jackie’s daughter Bonnie was doing. She lives in Harlem, NY and that is a hot spot for covid-19. I didn’t think about it but it is difficult to get food delivered where they live!  They are staying hunkered down in their condo! The poor things are suffering with food delivery from Omaha Steaks in NY city!!! I was so happy to chat with Carol and Jackie. We laughed and that is what I really miss, laughing with my friends!!  Jackie and Carol are like me, they are not allowing anyone into their house, even their beloved grandkids, because we are older and we are more at risk than others.  And they don’t go out anywhere. 
        I would like to go for a walk but my Sciatica is so painful that I am afraid it will get worse. I am going to try to walk for a little while and see how I do! I know that as a PD person that I should be exercising but pain is a huge deterrent!
        The love affair with food continues!! I made sugar free brownies this morning with a box mix. I only used egg whites so they were also cholesterol free. And I used applesauce instead of oil to make them fat free too!  There was only one small issue…..they are taste-free!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2