Went to Universal STudios

        We went to Universal studios for a week.
We kept debating because of the corona virus but we had paid for it so we went.  There were tons of people there so I don't think anyone had cancelled their plans for this past week. We washed our hands and sanitized like crazy! They had hand sanitizers everywhere!
 Dan wanted me to rent a scooter so I didn't have to walk as much but I insisted on walking. I know that I am supposed to be moving and exercising daily.  I was a bit off balance but I kept on walking. I kept telling myself to swing my arms and put my shoulders back!  Sometimes I chose NOT to listen to myself!! Dan decided to get fast passes for us because the lines were so long!  Fast passes at Universal are not the same as at Disney.  The cost is $160.00 per day per person or $250.00 per person for three days!  So that was an extra$1,000.00 we didn't plan to spend but it really was so worth it.  Sciatica makes it extremely difficult for me to stand for an extended period of time! We got to go on so many different rides because of the fast passes!I did not know that most of Universal's rides are simulators. Some of them were just too crazy for me, after I got off of them I was too wobbly!!  I didn't even attempt the real roller coasters! I have never been a fan of any rides but now with Parkinson's, they are just not for me! My favorite part of the rides were when they were over!! I am glad that I went, I saw, I shared the time with my family but my Parkinson's brain told me that it was a one and done experience!!
         My friends were sending me photos of the grocery stores and the empty shelves. I was a little worried about the stores being out of stock. However, I think we have enough canned food and pasta to get us through for a few weeks. Olya's boyfriend's mom messaged me and offered to get food for us near where they live and meet us. Is that the nicest offer ever?  They are such lovely people!  Dan and Olya went to Acme, they said it was busy but not crazy and there was plenty of food!(no hand sanitizers or toilet paper). 
       

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2