PD Webinar about Coronavirus

   

       Today I listened to the Michael J Fox Foundation webinar on PD and Coronavirus!   I really didn't learn anything new.  We are not more susceptible to the virus because we have PD. There is no evidence of PD patients having an increased risk of contracting the disease!  But we can get sicker than others if we have underlying medical conditions. Any infection can worsen the symptom so we could have more :off" times and it could be more difficult for us to move.  We also need to check with our docs because some cough meds may interact with Parkinson's drugs.  Anxiety, often a PD issue, can worsen during stressful times.
         I slept really well last night   I always feel better when I get a good night's sleep!  This morning I tried to do some of the "BIG" exercises for PD but I couldn't remember a lot of them. I only learned a few of them from my PT. I think I will check on Youtube and see if I can find some to do!  My PT called me today to see if I wanted to schedule any sessions. I told her that I wanted to wait until things calmed down with the Coronavirus. SHe told me that is what most of her patients are saying to her! I watched a Parkinson's youtube balance video. Here is the link if anyone wants to try it.

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkDiOCIX_xA&t=9s
 I was not good at the video at all.  My balance is terrible.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2