PD and Being Isolated

      This scanning electron microscope image shows SARS-CoV-2 (round magenta objects) emerging from the surface of cells cultured in the lab. SARS-CoV-2, also known as 2019-nCoV, is the virus that causes COVID-19. The virus shown was isolated from a patient in the U.S. Credit: NIAID-RMLThis scanning electron microscope image shows SARS-CoV-2 (round magenta objects), also known as COVID-19, emerging from the surface of cells cultured in the lab

       I think that many people who have PD already are use to not going out as much as they once did!   For me, my social life has been a bit restricted since I got my diagnosis and even before that because of how I felt.  So perhaps PD people will not feel as bad as others who are not use to being restricted.  I am also not use to feeling great everyday, many days I feel good, but many days I feel crappy and off balance.  And I would have stayed home on those days!   I ordered food online to be delivered next weekend so we most definitely won't starve.  We have a family member who is in isolation and has been exposed to the virus. She works in the city and I really hope she is going to be OK.
       Today I went food shopping at 8 a m. People are just crazy out there!! Still no toilet paper, no disinfecting wipes, and no hand sanitizer!  I have enough to get buy for another week or two, I think!  My sciatica is going crazy lately. My PD seems more under control. Maybe they each take turns!

         I have read conflicting things online about having PD and getting exposed or getting the Coronavirus.  Some reports says it is the same ofr people with or without PD. They report that it is age and underlying medical issues that make it worse for those who contract it. Others feel differently. I found the info below on a PD page.
The Coronavirus is difficult  for anyone to get. Many young people are also being hospitalized when they contract it.  Having Parkinson’s makes it more complicated. If you get it and need hospitalization, chances are that you will not get the meds you need. ICU staff does not have the time to administer your meds on your own schedule. Doctors warn PD patients that if they stop their Carbidopa-Levodopa suddenly it can result in withdrawal symptoms such as muscle stiffness, fever, and mental changes.  
         

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2