Packing up and getting ready to get out of Dodge!

        I have been packing for the last few days because we are going away for a week.   I am a little scared to go anywhere because of the coronavirus!  Dan says he figures we are all going to get it so why worry about it?  He is nuts, I don't want to get it. I think it is a death sentence for anyone over 60 and especially if the person has any medical issues.  I have no idea if PD people are at more risk or not.   Yesterday Olya and I stopped at a local CVS and there was not a drop of hand sanitizer to be found! Fortunately I have a huge bottle in our downstairs bathroom and Olivia has several of those small travel size sanitizers!  I purchased several bottles of sanitizing soaps so I hope that helps. At  $14.99 per bottle, I sure hope they are effective.

        Dan and Olya went out to buy candy and magazines for the trip.  Later Dan and I went to the cemetery and then we stopped at Rite Aid.  I just thought that possibly there would be hand sanitizer or disinfecting wipes! No such luck, their shelves were empty of wipes, hand sanitizer, and rubbing alcohol! I don't even think they had any paper towels or toilet paper.  I am so tired! I hope I sleep well tonight. Once again, I am not exercising due to my back pain and leg pain.  I spoke to my friend B today and she told me that her Parkinson's also acts up whenever she has any other illness.  The same thing happens to me. Perhaps it happens to all PD people. This month on May 26th, my People with Parkinson's Facebook group will be one year old! There are now 733 members!
       

Comments

  1. A nurse friend who works at the hospital said they wipe down the nurses' station etc. with alcohol, the same as they use to disinfect their instruments. It is also good to sanitize hands. add a little aloe gel if needed if your hands get too dry. Hydrogen peroxide is said to work equally well but I haven't tried it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2