Lots of Pain from PT!!

BLOG post 3/2/2020
Dental Visit and PT PAIN!!
Today I got up early and went for my dental appointment to get my teeth cleaned. I have had the same dentist since I was 20 so I know him and his staff quite well! They came to Amy's funeral. They all kept telling me how good I looked. I think it was because I didn't have my walker with me. When I got up from the chair, I started to fall over and my dentist grabbed my arm. He said to me "Use your walker!" I told him that I use it when I have to walk long distance but I try not to use it when I have a short distance to walk. He said, "You can still fall from walking a short distance!! And he is correct!
After I got home and ate lunch, I got ready for my in home PT! For the last few days, I would say that my pain was a 4 out of 10. I am thrilled being a 4!! I first worked with Emily and I mirrored her movements. My pain level stayed about the same. The last ten minutes I worked with her intern. She was stretching my left leg and all of a sudden, I got a severe pain on my left side lower back. The pain was a 10! For the first time, my pain shot upwards instead of downwards! I am glad it happened at the end of the session because there was absolutely no way that I could have done any more exercises. This is a new type of pain and unfortunately it is on my Sciatica side. Almost three hours later and two extra strength Tylenol, I still am in fairly severe pain. The Tylenol took the edge off but the pain is still screaming at me. It is sharp and it is throbbing. I sure hope that the pain starts to dissipate soon. It hurts so much that it is difficult to tell exactly where it starts from.
Tonight I have a bereaved parent meeting. If my pain subsides enough, I will go. But if it stays the same, I will be down and out on the couch!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2