Another day with PD

Mar 31, 2020
My Parkinson's is cooperating with me today! I am happy about that. I was able to walk down the entire flight of steps from the second floor to the first floor without having to stop and sit down on even one of them! I think one reason is that I sleep in, I usually am up several hours during the night but now I just lay in bed and watch TV when I get up and I usually fall back asleep. I keep watching the numbers grow on CNN and it is sad and scary!

My scale is going to be thrown out soon if it doesn't start behaving! I have never had problems getting to the kitchen! The donuts are calling my name as I write this blog!! I am eating like a horse! My sister lost five pounds and I gained four pounds! I ordered a huge amount of groceries from Wegman's to be delivered on April 4th. I didn't know that Wegman's would deliver to me because I thought i lived too far from the store. But my friend Bettina, who lives close to me has her food delivered from there! I got Lobster Tails to make for Easter. I ordered vitamins and deodorant from CVS and I think they are delivering on Sunday. I had also filled out an order for Giant but somehow i lost the order. I thought it would just show up when I logged in but no such luck. I think I am getting too obsessed with food!! Dan always says...it IS about the food and I guess he is right in this circumstance!!
I am still trying to pray(when I remember) every hour. It makes me feel better even if it isn't helping. Some guy in a PD group told me that I am crazy to pray because it doesn't work, that I should ONLY be social distancing. I don't understand why it bothers some people so much! I absolutely believe in social distancing but maybe some prayers will help alleviate some patients' suffering or get our buffoon president to be a TRUE leader(instead of a crazy egotist).
I really miss seeing my friends. I miss Leslie so much. There is something about being with a friend who has known you from the time you were 10 years old. And i miss my besties, Jackie, Carol, Nancy and Priscilla! I use to see them at least once a month. I miss my bereaved parent groups and i miss my book club groups! I am so thankful that no one in my family has covid 19. We went to Universal studios a few weeks ago and i think we lucked out and missed the spread. We washed our hands like crazy and put on hand sanitizer like crazy! I read that a few people died who had been there right before us. I would never have gone if I knew how much the virus would and could spread to others. My daughters think I am too crazy about being so restrictive of them going out. I won't give in on it at all. They can go for a walk but that is about it. I wont even allow them to go food shopping any more. Dan and I have told them that they can leave but they are NOT coming back in until this is over, and it could be weeks!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2