Today I am in Pain, but it is a REALLY GOOD PAIN!!!

        Today I am in pain but it is a really good pain!  I had insomnia most of the night, but fell asleep from 5 a m until 9:30 a m.  Sleeping four hours in a row is just a wonderful feeling! When I got up, dressed and showered I met my sister at the gym. The class we wanted to attend was cancelled but we walked on the treadmill, rode the bikes and went in the weight room.  After our hour at the gym I came home and made lunch/dinner. I was hungry for real food so I made breaded chicken cutlets and baked potatoes.  My Physical Therapist Emily came for our 1 hour in home therapy.  I really like working with Emily, she is sweet and she gets it that my brain just doesn't always process everything the way I want it to.  The chicken was cooking while I was doing the exercises and I was so so hungry!! We started the LSVT BIG program.  I was OK doing most of the exercises but it is difficult for me to switch to the next one. I guess my PD brain does not make transitions easily.   I am in pain but I think it means that I am doing the exercises correctly! I am supposed to repeat the exercises at least once a day. I don't know if I can repeat them today because my Sciatica is back with a vengeance.  Tomorrow I am going out to lunch with a few bereaved moms.  And on Thursday I am going out to lunch with my friend Leslie!!
         After Emily left, I ate lunch and it was so delicious!!(Always about the food)!!  Dan came home awhile ago and said......mmm, something smells really good!  I put a lot of fresh garlic on top of the chicken and the house smelled so good.
My friend Patty sent me this medal in the mail with a sweet note! Pope John Paul II is the patron saint of Parkinson's disease.  He was always my favorite pope!   I was quite touched that she thought of me and sent me this gift! Patty went to high school with me and my sister.  She is the oldest of 7, we had the same last name but were not related.  Sadly, she is also a bereaved mom. I am glad she has faith in  God because it makes a loss of a child a bit easier to handle.  She is also an adoptive mom. She has two sons that were adopted from Russia!   Next month will be the one year anniversary of my Facebook Group   People With Parkinson's!  I think there are over 700 members, not too shabby for the first year! I 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2