Taste Buds Diminishing

        I have noticed that food doesn't taste as good as it use to taste. I think some of my taste buds are diminishing.  I hope it doesn't continue because I really LOVE food. I would hate to not be able to taste so many delicious things.  I seem to need more salt, more seasoning, etc.  I am hoping that if it continues that it takes a long time to lose all taste. I don't even know if that happens to PD people.I looked online about PD and loss of taste buds and this is the conclusion I found online ( Impaired taste appreciation was found in about 27% of patients with clinically defined PD. There were no important effects from age, disease severity or smell sense). A lot of people online have reported that their food tastes like cardboard, or nothing tastes good, and they have no desire to eat.  Some PD people have reported that their taste buds come and go. Some people have reported loss of smell. Thereare not any treatments for lost sense of smell. However, reduced ability to smell might affect your appetite, since taste is linked to smell. I don't seem to have any loss of smell sense as of now.
         I still am having so much trouble with insomnia!! I toss and turn so much during the night!  Sometimes I wake myself up because I am having rapid movements in my sleep.
         Tonight I went out to dinner with a few friends. They all told me that they thought I looked really good for having PD. I didn't think I looked so good, so I am wondering how bad I looked before!! I know that I was hunched over as I walked and that I had a great deal of difficulty getting up and down from the booth. 
        Today I did some BIG exercises. My PT is coming on Sunday to do some therapy with me.  I bought an exercise  mat to use and it was so much easier to do the floor exercises!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2