PD SUPPORT GROUP MEETING

         Tonight I went to my first PD support group meeting!
  I kept planning to go and finally I did tonight! For some reason, I expected it to be very small, like a group of 9 or 10 people!  There were at least 30-35 people in attendance! I think there were twice as many males as females.  Two PTs came to talk about their new program/business. In addition to doing the regular prescribed PT sessions or the BIG program, they are also going to offer follow up classes for PD people!  They said that after PD patients finish the BIG program and/or private PT sessions, there really is not another program geared especially to PD people unless they join a boxing program.  I think that is a great idea, they are definitely thinking outside the box!  They are also going to have a nutritionist/dietician available for hire and a massage therapist!  And they are going to start a chair yoga class. I have that class at my gym so I will stick with the one I am in. The classes will cost $20/session, I think that is also the price of the boxing classes I had attended. I enjoyed the support group meeting and will probably go back!
         Today I went to the gym with my sister.  The class we were planning to attend was cancelled so we walked on the treadmill. My balance was sort of off today and I really couldn't walk well on the treadmill. I had a deathlike grip on the arms of the machine and I was perched forward. So I got off of the treadmill and just walked around the gym with hand weights.  When my sister was done on the treadmill we went over to the weight room and lifted small hand weights!  I think that tomorrow's class is Chair yoga! I like that class the most!
     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2