PD AND BEING FATIGUED

        Sometimes I get so tired, so fatigued for absolutely no reason. I am sure it has to do with Parkinson's.  Some days I just feel like I would just like to sleep the day away! Most nights I have terrible insomnia. But if I exercise I usually can sleep for a few hours and then I am not as tired in the morning. However, some times, even if I exercise, I don't sleep well at night!  And sometimes even when I sleep for a few hours at night, I still am fatigued the next day. There is no rhyme or reason to this disease. I figured out that exercising helps me more than most things, and I try NOT to nap during the day because that just aggravates my insomnia! I think we all need to find out what works best for us. When I get fatigued during the day, I have to force myself not to sleep.  If I sit down, I am done for!! I have to make myself do something physical, such as dust or clean, so that I don't allow myself to sit because I would be asleep in less than a few minutes!
        Dan and I went to visit Olya and  we stayed overnight in a hotel. We had a hard time finding a place to stay this weekend because there were lost of sports games going on and it was Valentine's weekend! But Dan found a  hotel online before we left! It was a quaint old hotel but very nice.  They gave us a slip for a Continental Breakfast that we had to fill out.  The food is delivered to an outside door that is also a little door into our room!


   We picked up Olya and she wanted to go downtown to shop! She had found a PSU jacket in a shop that she thought Dan would like.  Olya always thinks of others.  It was so difficult to find a parking spot but we finally found one about three blocks away.  We walked to the store and were having a good time laughing and chatting! For some reason, my Sciatica started to yell and roar and scream. I tried to hide it but I was in so much pain.  After we got to the store, I told Dan that I was in pain and was going to go and sit in the car!  First, I saw the jacket, he tried it on and it looked really nice so he decided to get it.  Olya found a sweater she liked and Dan got that for her!! I left while they finished shopping and I waited in the car.  Dan later told me that he could see that I was in a lot of pain by the look on my face. I was also off balance and kept lurching forward! Why, oh why, can't my PD behave just once in awhile???After shopping in town, we took Olya to a few other places to get things she needed.  Olya is so sweet and patient. She always comes over to help me get out of the car and waits patiently for me and never gets annoyed that I take so long to walk to the door! Then we went back to her apartment and she opened her gifts and gave Dan and I gifts and a card!! She gave each of us our favorite candy!! She is so thoughtful!  We really miss her when she is away at school!  Next weekend is THON and she is on a THON committee.  Her University raises funds for childhood cancer and it is a huge weekend and celebrities come and there is a dance marathon and it is fun and wonderful. I think the Jonas Brothers were there last year! Olya takes her activity commitments quite seriously! She has one more year left and then she will be a college graduate!   We later picked up her boyfriend Matt and we went out to dinner.  Dan and I really like Matt a lot, he is a nice guy, is nice to Olya and has a lovely family!  Olya and Matt crack me up, I never have seen them hold hands or even give a quick kiss on the lips when they part! Olya is quite shy about showing affection in public!! We wanted to go to the Roadhouse Restaurant but the wait was an hour and a half so we went to Hoss's instead!  After we dropped Matt off, we took Olya back to her apartment because she had a lot of studying to do!
        On Sunday morning we picked up Olya to go to breakfast after we checked out of our room! I barely slept because of my insomnia.  We tried to go to an IHOP and two different Waffle Shop restaurants but the lines were outside the doors and the wait was well over an hour.  We decided to go to McDonalds because it was too cold to wait in lines outside and Olya had a  lot of homework and studying to get back to. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2