FREE PD KIT

        Today I received my free PD Care Kit. I sent away for it less than two weeks ago! There are lots of useful items in the bag. It contains a PD ID bracelet, a place to list all medical info including doctor's names and phone numbers a medication booklet and an informative booklet.  The best part is that the kit is free!!
  This morning I slept in until almost 9:30 am because I had been up most of the night tossing and turning! I was meeting a few bereaved mom friends for lunch at 11:30. We had so much fun hanging together and chatting and laughing and catching up with each other!  They all thought that I looked good for having PD and I guess I was walking OK. It's hard for me to stand, I am OK sitting or walking.   After lunch I went to the library book club. The librarian was away at a conference and she had asked me to run the daytime meeting.  It is so easy to run that meeting because she always has a short video for us and a list of book club questions! I think there were about 8 people at the book club so everyone got to chat! We read Homegoing and it was a really good book but it had so many characters in it!! Next month we are reading Rebecca!




When I got home Olivia was home from work and wanted to go get her nails done.  We had planned to go tomorrow because she was supposed to cook dinner for her boyfriend tonight.  He hurt his back so he stayed home.  We went to get nails done. Then we went to ULTA because Olivia needed some hair and skin products! Our tab including the few No7 items I purchased was $148.00  Olivia had a bunch of Ulta points so we got $70 subtracted form the bill!!  Of course, I paid the bill.  Then we went to Whole Foods to get some things for dinner.   I had to lean on the shopping cart because my PD started to make my balance strange and my Sciatica was screaming at me.  When we got home, I had a package in the mail! It was from my girlfriend Leslie and it contained two new Archie Comic Books!! Leslie is my childhood friend. We use to lie on my bed and spend an afternoon reading comic books when we were kids! My dad was always buying comic books when I was a kid!!  The gift flooded my mind with warm childhood memories. It was such a nice gesture and I was quite touched!!  I am saving the comic books to read for our upcoming trip!!
I think I  have the best friends ever! Yesterday I got a Parkinson's medal in the mail from my friend Patty.  Today I got the comic books in the mail from my friend Leslie,and had lunch with good friends. And Sunday I am going out to lunch with my best friends to celebrate Nancy's birthday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2