Chatting with my PD FRIEND

        Today I got up after sleeping four hours in a row. I figured it would be a good day PD wise!  After I got up, showered and dressed, I came downstairs and read my emails. I am so annoyed that Facebook keeps denying my blog posts.  This just started yesterday. If I ask them to review the post, they then review it and allow the posting but it takes several days.  So if you want to continue to read my blog posts please join People with Parkinsons Facebook group.
       I went to the cardio class this morning.  I noticed that I am having such a difficult time doing transitions from one exercise to the next!  I finally get the exercise correct and then the instructor goes and switches the exercise!  I must look cray but I keep trying to get them right!! I also found out that i like walking with hand weights. I can walk with two 3 pound weights and I find it enjoyable!! That is a first because I hate to exercise. I went to Kohls after the exercise class, I had to return something and I was going to purchase hand weights but I don't think they sell hand weights!  For some reason I had an extremely difficult time getting out of the car and standing up.  It happened when I got to the gym, at Kohls and at Target. I had this problem before I got diagnosed and put on the Carbidopa-Levodopa.   I don't know why it started up again today! I took my meds as usual, maybe I need an increase in my dosage.  I'll have to check at Walmart or TJ Maxx for the hand weights.!  Of course I returned something but purchased way more than the amount of the return! I bought new work out pants and new workout tops, and a few items in the cosmetic department.  Then I went to Target to return the new phones we purchased.




    When I got my mail today, I got the most wonderful surprise. My friends Jackie and Carol and Bill made a donation to ST Jude's Research Hospital in AMy's name. I am so touched by their kindness and generosity.  I really don't know how I got so lucky to have such wonderful friends.
         I recently met  a new friend who also has Parkinson's Disease.  I met her at a library group I joined. She called me today and we chatted. She lives close by so I hope we get to hang out soon.  She agreed with my friend Hans about how meds can really change and effect behavior. Hans told me about compulsive gambling, shopping, etc. She told me that her meds did that to her.  Some of the meds cause impulsivity to do things one might not otherwise do.  I am just so happy that we can all share information to enlighten others and to help each other!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2