BAck to in-home Physical Therapy



        Today my PT came to evaluate me. My neuro sent a  slip for me for PT.  I could do so many more things now that I couldn't do last year. It is all because my Sciatica is about 50% less than it has been.  I don't know why  I don't care why, I just am glad that I can walk without excruciating pain 24/7. I still have sciatica pain but it is so much more manageable now!! I was really happy to see Emily,!  She is going to work with me for two weeks in PT and then she and the OT are going to do the LSVT BIG program with me!!   We had planned to do it last year but my pain was so terrible that I just could NOT even do any of the exercises! Now I did much better on the assessment. Most of my issues now are Parkinson's related, not as much Sciatica related. (LSVT BIG® can be delivered by a physical or occupational therapist and is administered in 16 sessions over a single month (four sessions per week). This protocol was developed to address the unique movement impairments for people with Parkinson’s disease. Patients work one-on-one with a therapist and mirror core exercises to help their bodies relearn movements used in daily living. )LSVT BIG® is an evidence-based treatment for people with Parkinson’s disease that uses exaggerated limb and body movements to improve trunk rotation, gait, speed, balance, and quality of life.

 The program is supposed to retrain my Parkinson's adled brain!! I hope it works.  The therapists will do it with me every morning and then i am supposed to repeat it later in the day at least once more

.No photo description available.WINSTON(Leslie's Dog)

 No photo description available.FRANKLIN

          After I finished my PT session, Renee came over and we went to visit my friend Leslie.  Renee loves Leslie and she wanted to play with her French Bulldog Winston!  Leslie was also watching her son's French Bulldog so we had double the fun! They are just so cute and they love to play!!  We stayed and chatted for about two hours and of course, we ate. Renee stopped and got some bagels, Leslie had fruit and organic chips, and I brought cream cheese, Halos, and orange juice!  (Once again, it is all about the food)! We had so much fun and I forgot about my Parkinson's while I was there!   After we got back home, Olivia and Dan wanted to go out to eat.  So we went out for Chinese food! Olivia told us that another cousin of hers found her on social media!  He is her great Aunt's grandson.   He had a picture of her from when she was about 2. He also  sent a picture of himself and his wife with his grandmother and Olivia recognized her great- aunt! He told her that he remembered making mud pies with her when they were little kids!



 My PD had me off balance later in the afternoon so I took it easy. After we ate, I had a return for TJ Maxx but Dan took it in for me because my leg was throbbing and my balance was sort of off kilter!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2