A New PD Friend

        Last night I went to the local library writer's group. It is open to anyone who enjoys writing and sharing and listening to things others have written.  It was  a small group of about six people. .I shared that I blog almost everyday and have blogged for years as well as just write short pieces  because I enjoy writing.  I mentioned the name of my blog and the person sitting next to me told me that she also has Parkinson's Disease.  She looked so young!  I enjoyed chatting with her, she attends the local support group which I have been thinking about going to check out! I will definitely go now that I know a nice person who is part of the group and who is very upbeat! 


        Yesterday I took my sister to my gym and she joined!! She enjoyed the class we attended. I am glad she joined because I will be more motivated to go.  She was working today but I still went to the cardio workout class for silver sneakers!  I really enjoyed the class. I  met a woman who told me that it was her favorite class because the instructor was so good and she really was!! I slept so much better last night and I think it was because I worked out yesterday!
        My PT called me and we set up a few sessions. She is such a good therapist so I am thrilled to have her back!!I will eventually go back to  boxing class but for now, I am happy attending the silver sneakers classes and doing PT.
        My Sciatica still really hurts but it is at least 50% better than it has been for the last two years.  I am supposed to get a shot in my back next week but I am going to cancel it because I can deal with this pain. I can only get 3 shots a year and  I don't want to waste one.
       

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2