Topiramate and SPinal STenosis Treatment






https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdarTCcCnjM&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR11oSZmzh3YEQmh-er6eZjE5aAu6yZbmGZgC-pd83TkhsMBLAWH5Rh-J1g

     I have no idea whether or not this is a valid video or if it is fake. But if it is real, I would love to have the procedure done. I am in so much pain today.  It is the spinal stenosis that is causing my sciatica. I would LOVE to get rid of just 50% of my pain. It is so hard to live with this constant pain.  My pain management doctor put me on new pain meds. I just started taking it and I have been reading about it and it seems to have terrible side effects. I am going to call him tomorrow because the side effects seem over the top for a pain med. The name of the new pain medicine is Topiramate 25mg tablet.  I have been reading about the drug online and it doesn't say that it is used for pain management.  It also says that it shouldn't be used for people with eye problems and I have Macular Degeneration.  I think I am going to take the least amount of this drug that I can take. As of now, I am only taking one tablet at night but I am supposed to build up to two tablets at night and one tablet during the day.




         Today I had to have blood drawn and while i was at the health center I saw a display and a box with fabric in it.  There was  a paper with directions to Contribute your story to the "Fabric of the Community" art project.  Anyone can donate a piece of fabric from something special and they are going to create a floral display of the donated pieces.  Some of the stories will be shared via an interactive display.     


Topiramate is used alone or with other medications to prevent and control seizures (epilepsy). This medication is also used to prevent migraine headaches and decrease how often you get them. Topiramate will not treat a migraine headache once it occurs.


Topiramate may cause some people to be agitated, irritable, or display other abnormal behaviors. ... This medicine may cause nausea, muscle tremors, breathing problems, eating problems, fast heartbeats, restlessness, and abdominal or stomach pain. Tell your doctor right away if you or your child have any of these symptoms.
  • Metabolic aciodosis warning: This drug may raise your risk of a medical condition called metabolic acidosis. This can come on with no symptoms. Or it may happen with side effects on the kidneys (kidney stones), bones (osteoporosis, increased risk of broken bones), or growth delays. Symptoms of this condition include:
    • hyperventilation (rapid breathing)
    • tiredness
    • loss of appetite
    • changes in your heart rhythm
    • trouble thinking clearly
  • Vision loss warning: This drug can cause a blockage of fluid in your eye, which results in increased pressure in the eye. This can lead to permanent vision loss.
  • Birth defects warning: This drug can cause birth defects if it’s taken during pregnancy. These birth defects can occur early in pregnancy, before a woman even knows she’s pregnant. Women of childbearing age should use effective forms of birth control while taking this drug. Ask your doctor about good options. This drug can cause birth control pills to be less effective.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2