Today I Will NOT Allow myself to Complain about PD OR Sciatica!!

          Today I am going to try to look at everything in my life that is positive! Normally I post about PD and Sciatica and my issues surrounding them.  I think it is important to take some time and take stock in what is working in my life even though I have those two issues!  I have wonderful family and friends. My sister drove to my house to pick me up to go to the Shiva the other night even though it was in the opposite direction.  My friend Jackie always offers to pick me up for book club or wherever we are going.  And last night I slept for a continuous four hours, woke up, was awake for about an hour and then went back to sleep for four more hours! It was heavenly!! I usually have such bad insomnia so it was so wonderful this morning to not feel sleepy!




        When it was Olivia's 18th birthday, the girls in our family and a few friends did a flash mob dance to the song Happy!  Olivia cracked up.  She pulled up to the restaurant and we were all standing outside in the parking lot and then started to dance!!  The servers in the restaurant and some of the patrons came out to watch us. The restaurant was on a fairly busy street and cars even pulled over to watch us!! It is such a happy memory of the look on Olivia's  face!!
        Dan and I have always been good savers and we have plenty of money for retirement. We have only one more year of college tuition to pay for our youngest and then we are finished with tuition!! Yesterday my friend Lisa, from the day time bereaved moms group, messaged me and asked me what  my friend Dianne's last name was. Dianne is my friend who recently died and whose Shiva I attended.   It turns out that Lisa's sister and Dianne went to high school together and were good friends! It really is a small world!!
         On a sadder note, it turns out that another bereaved mom from the day time group has some problems.  Her husband was arrested for insurance fraud to the tune of over $700,00.00.  When things like this happen,, I always think....gee, there must be a mistake.  A few years ago, I saw on the news that a man from our church was arrested for child molestation.  He happened to have been in the adoptive parent group that we belonged to and his wife and I were friends.  We had his daughter here many times and she is a lovely young woman. I called his wife after I saw what was on the news and she told me that it was all a bunch of lies. A few weeks later, he admitted his guilt and was sentenced to a year in jail.  A year in jail seems like a mighty light sentence considering that he had been molesting his daughter for several years.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2