Snowy Day and Being Afraid to Walk on Snow and Ice

       It was a snowy day today!
I think to myself, gee I am afraid to go out in the snow because I am afraid I will fall because I am off balance from PD.  I can usually tell when I get out of bed in the morning if it will be a bad or OK Parkinson's day.  If I can get out of bed and start walking towards the bathroom WITHOUT holding onto the furniture then it will most likely be a decent PD day.  If I have to sit on the edge of the bed first, and try to bounce up,  and then slowly get up and hold on to the furniture it usually means my balance will be off most of the day.  I usually wake up a few times during the night because I have insomnia. If I get out of bed, I am always wobbly because of my balance issues.  I usually try to just stay in bed and go back to sleep but that rarely happens lately  I have been cleaning out drawers and closets in my bedroom because I would like to move in about a year or so.  I started doing that during the night when I have insomnia. There is just so much accumulation over the years, five kids and five times the crapola!!   Our attic was pretty well cleared out but then Christmas comes and we accumulate again! I can't wait to live on one floor so that I don't have to go up and down stairs any more! Less is definitely more!!
        My Sciatica is definitely not as bad as it had been for almost two years. I am still a 6 out of 10 for pain but it is so much less than a 9 or 10! And I am so thankful for being a 6 right now!! I started to exercise today, this is the first time in two years, except for my PT sessions, that I have exercised. I am taking it slow and if it doesn't cause me more pain, I will continue and do more. I know it is important for PD people to exercise as much as possible. I am just scared of my Sciatica going back to a 9 or 10 in pain.  I would like to go back to Rock Steady boxing class and/or drumming class. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2