My Sciatica Pain is Still Less and Tylenol really helps with pain

        My Sciatica pain is definitely less than it has been.  For almost two years , it was always 8-10+.   But now it is a 5-6 on most days.  Today I had to go to Macy's to return a coat i purchased online. Since I knew I would have to park and walk,  I took two Tylenol and the pain was almost gone for about two hours!  IT WAS WONDERFUL!! I totally had forgotten what it was like to be pain free!!   I am not permitted to take much Tylenol and can never take Aleve or Motrin because I have had Pancreatitis a few times by taking too many over the counter meds.  I am thinking of cancelling the  shot I am scheduled for in my back. I can only get three  shots a year and I don't want to get one until I really need it! 
       After I returned the coat, I stopped and ordered a pizza for lunch! My friend Priscilla was coming over to help me sort through a box of photos and she generously has offered to scan the photos for me so I can put them on my computer!  I went into Acme to get a few items while I was waiting for the pizza.  I had totally forgotten about my sciatica pain because it was almost non-existent!! It was just so wonderful to feel such a decrease in pain. I still had my PD symptoms  but I am quite use to the shuffling feet and the freeing gait.  After about two hours, my pain gradually returned but by then I had finished shopping and Priscilla was at my house and we were having fun chatting and eating. 


 Looking through all of the old photos of Amy made me sad but it also was wonderful to remember all of the things we did together with her.   I found this treasured letter that was in a box of old photos. It is a letter that Olivia's friends had written to her from the orphanage after we sent them a box of toys.  My sister later adopted Natasha who is now my niece.  And I am fairly certain that Christina, the other author of the letter, also got adopted.


         After Priscilla left, Olivia and I went to the movies.  My meds had just about worn off but I knew I didn't have to walk too far to go into the movies.,  we went to see  Like A Boss(Best friends Mia and Mel run their own cosmetics company -- a business they built from the ground up. But they're also in over their heads financially, and the prospect of a buyout offer from an industry titan proves too tempting to pass up. The beauty business is now about to get ugly as the proposal puts Mia and Mel's lifelong friendship to the ultimate test.)  It was  a lighthearted comedy. The movie was cute and we both enjoyed it a lot!!


        My pain is now  back to a 6+, but no complaints from me!! I can definitely handle this pain.  My PD symptoms always get worse as the day wears on. I don't know if that happens to others too or just to me.   I can take 1.5 tablets of Carbidopa-Levodopa three times per day. I try to take one between 8:30 and 9,  then I take my second dose between 2-3, and my last dose about 7 pm.  I can always tel when my meds are wearing off. It is so much more difficult for me to get up and down from a chair or from the couch, harder to keep my balance and more difficult to carry anything!   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2