My friend's SHIVA and Ozzy Osbourne


        Tonight was my friend Dianne's Shiva Service.

  

My sister called to tell me because she and Dianne were  neighbors.(Shiva is the week-long mourning period in Judaism for first-degree relatives. The ritual is referred to as "sitting shiva" in English. Traditionally, there are five stages of mourning in Judaism. Shiva is considered the third stage, and lasts for seven days. Wikipedia).  I feel so bad for her family, she was such a kind and loving person and family member.  I didn't think I would really know anyone at the service but there were several people I knew.  The caterer was a parent from Olivia and Olya's cheer leading days! Two other band parents(from Joe, Amy and Renee's high school days) were also there. The parent of the boy who was Renee's co-lead in Guys and Dolls in high school was also there.  A dad from Indian Princesses, who had been in the group with Dan and Renee, was also there. And Amy's friend Rachel's parents were also there. Rachel's mom is the person who told Dianne that I had PD, then Dianne called me.  Dianne touched many lives!   And the owner of the Rock Steady gym and the PTs who worked there also attended. I was so happy to see them!  I told them that I was planning to come back to the boxing program and to get PT because my Sciatica pain is less!  I know that my neurologist will give me a script for more PT. They said they would call my doc to get the PT script!  There were also PD people from her boxing class who attended!

.
         I was sad to find out that Ozzy Osbourne has PD or some type pf Parkinsonian medical issue. I had read about it on Facebook this morning and later my friend Hans sent me a link about Ozzy!  I think it is best to be honest because,  if not,he probably would be outed at some point by the news media!  Famous and rich people like Ozzy have the financial ability to travel the world and receive cutting edge treatments.  They can also easily get into clinical trials because money is NOT an issue for the rich and famous! I hope their celebrity focuses a light on PD and that they raise fund and/or start a foundation to do more PD research.
        This morning our financial planner came over to discuss retirement plans and finances, etc.  Sciatica actually was well behaved today. I have manageable pain! And I am so happy about it.  I cleaned out a few drawers and purged a bunch of stuff!  Then I started to do my PT exercises. I forget some of them but I did the ones I remembered for about 10 minutes!  And I was so tired afterwards(and i only worked out for about 10 minutes)  I would say that is pitiful!! I need to get back to exercising because it is important for PD patients to keep moving!
   When Olivia came home from work, we went and got manicures! My last manicure was right before Christmas so I really needed another one. My meds were waning while I was there and I had a great deal of difficulty getting up and down from the chair.  I couldn't take another dose for about an hour so I just had to put up with my shuffling feet and freezing gait!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2