ITCHY FROM MEDS!!

     I don't know if anyone experiences itching as a side effect of Carbidopa-Levodopa. I sure do!!
I am usually OK during the day, I'm a little itchy. However, at night, I am crazy itchy. It has gotten worse. I have generalized itching, it is all over my body from my scalp to my feet. I looked up the side effects and one if them is itching!  I forgot to mention it to my neurologist last time I was there.  Itching is a common side effect of Carbidopa-Levodopa! And it is so annoying! I take a Zyrtec tablet everyday  because of allergies but it doesn't seem to help with the itching.  I found the info below online!  I don't want to take Benadryl because it knocks me out and I spend the day napping!




Itching is a symptom we have all experienced. Nevertheless, itching can be difficult for a person to describe to others. While itching symptoms vary, it typically leads to a peculiarly uncomfortable skin sensation. It may feel as if something is crawling on (or in) your skin. Itching can be diffuse (generalized all over the body) or localized -- all over or confined to a specific spot -- and there are many causes of diffuse and localized itching. Itching symptoms can be associated with many meds.

I had more sciatica pain as the day wore on. But it is still manageable to live with. Today the pain is probably a 6 out of 10 but when you are normally an 8-10 out of 10, 6 feels pretty good!  

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

    Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

    June 2