DOES Parkinson's Make you COLD?


I am so thankful for our gas insert because I am so cold all of the time!




http://feeds.feedburner.com/PositiveWithParkinsons
FOLLOW THE LINK ABOVE TO FOLLOW THIS BLOG
 I am going to stop posting on Facebook sites in a few weeks so please copy and paste the link above if you want to read my blog and are not my friend on Facebook! I will still post on my own Facebook page and on People with Parkinsons because I am the Administrator of that page.

 I have never been a particularly warm person but since my diagnosis last year, I am always freezing. I have an electric blanket that I use every night and during the day I run the gas fireplace almost all day and into the night.  I always have a sweater on and when I leave the house, I need to wear a warm coat, scarf, hat and gloves. I remotely start my car in the garage because it is just to cold for me to ride in immediately, I have to warm it up first.  I don't like cold drinks anymore, I now prefer room temperature water and before I loved ice cold water!
Sometimes I wonder who I will become in the future.   Will I know when and if I get dementia?  Will
I know if I am really losing my memory?  I have always been independent and been able to take care of myself.  When and if I can't do that anymore, then what? 
         I am a bereaved mom and that is the way I usually identify myself.  There is nothing that is as bad as burying your child.  I am a breast cancer survivor, I don't think of that as a big deal at all.  Now I have PD and that is something you live with but are not a survivor of because there is no cure and it is degenerative.

Comments

  1. I cannot control my body temp either....when I am tired. I am cold...but the rest of the time I swing back and forth from hot- sweaty to cold

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always been cold-natured, but now it is extreme. If the temperatures falls below 70, I am freezing. Thank God for long johns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing so that I know it isn't just me.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2