Parkinsomnia!!

        I have insomnia!!! I know it is one of the symptoms of Parkinson's but it is getting really old very quickly!!    The other night I went out to dinner with three of my closest friends, Jackie, Carol, and Nancy. They are such wonderful and caring friends. When I was lying awake in bed last night, I kept thinking about the things that they said to me and I got teary!  They always say the nicest things and they are most definitely my "go to" people who make me feel good!

I can definitely get a decent night's sleep if I take some liquid medical marijuana or if I take 600 mg of Gabapentin a day.  The problem is that I usually feel like I have a hangover when I take the marijuana. If I take 300 mg or more of the Gabapentin, the room starts spinning and that's not good!I don't think that the Gabapentin is doing much of anything to help me so I only take one tablet once or twice  a day! Last night Dan and I stayed in a hotel after visiting with my mother-in-law. I slept about two hours total, I just laid there wide awake most of the night. I didn't want to put on the TV because I didn't want to wake Dan up!  I kept trying to fall back to sleep but it just didn't happen!!
       After I saw my neurologist on Wed., I decided to stop my laser treatments and see what happens. I think I am worse from when they started, maybe nothing to do with the laser but I am going to take a break from the treatments. I will see a new pain management doc about an ablation which will deaden the nerves in my SI joint! If I could get rid of my sciatica pin, I could go back to Boxing for PD patients and back to the drumming classes at the gym! I need to do something more physical than hobble back and forth around my house! I really hope that an ablation is a workable option for my Sciatica pain.
        I started to set my table for Christmas Eve dinner. It takes me so long to do anything any more that I have to do it in stages! My Amaryllis bulbs are almost blooming!   The white bulb, which will bloom with white flowers is in a red glass container and the red bulbs will bloom red!
     

Comments

  1. I suffered from severe neck pain for years. I had 3 facet injections which worked temporarily. I had an ablation 4 years ago. Initially, my pain was worse for a couple of weeks. After that period of time, the results were amazing. I still have occasional pain but it is rare and very mild. A difference of night and day
    I highly recommend an ablation.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2