Christmas Eve Day and Sciatica is roaring at me and PD is also vying for my attention!!

        I always cook Christmas Eve.  I was hoping that PD and Sciatica would stay in the background today but that was NOT meant to be. It is super annoying to have to deal with one or both of them when I have things to do!!!  And I had so much to do today! I had to finish setting the tables,  make the salad, and get out and wash my good serving bowls, platters, etc!
  We cooked and prepared most of the day and then we went to church at 4 pm. The service was so lovely that I forgot about Sciatica and PD for the first time all day long!  Part of the music singing including rapping and that was quite a happy surprise. They certainly got everyone's attention.  I was so glad to see that my daughter Olivia opened her purse and put her own money in the collection plate.  She is quite generous. And yesterday she put her own money in the bucket at the theater where we saw Buddy the Elf play.  As soon as I got back to the car, my Sciatica started throbbing again. I am totally exhausted after cooking and preparing all day long! Next year we are going out to eat dinner. I am too disabled to keep doing this. My back hurt so much that I could barely sleep at night. I kept waking up and was in pain, took a few Tylenol and tried to go back to sleep. I woke up at 3 am and stayed awake until 6 am, I HATE when that happens.
        Olivia woke me up at 8 a m on Christmas morning. My back still hurt but was a little better. We always play games when we open presents. It is fun and stretches out the time of opening gifts instead of a frenzied rush.
We rolled dice and you got to open a gift if it hit the number you had chosen or everyone got to open a gift if anyone rolled double numbers. It was fun!!  Dan always goes way, way overboard when buying Christmas gifts. He keeps a list in his wallet and adds to it all year when the girls tell him things they want. Dan bought Olivia a BURRITO BLANKET?? He showed us that it was on his list because Olivia asked him what it was!! We all got a big laugh out of that gift!      My PD was front and center all day long, so so so annoying!  I was tempted to take an extra Carbidopa-Levodopa but I didn't do it.  I just so wish that MY PD was calm once in a while or that my Sciatica pain would lessen just a little on holidays!   Renee had to work so we didn't get to see her on Christmas Day! 


                                   Renee made this container garden for me and it lights up!!


  Adam came over for a few hours with Sandy and we were glad to see him.  He had made banana bread from scratch and it was so delicious!!
   
   After Adam and Sandy left, Dan and I went to the cemetery to visit Amy and my dad.
                                 

   Later we went to my sister's house to exchange gifts

and eat dinner. On Christmas Day she just orders food trays and we all have sandwiches! We had so much fun laughing and chatting away!! When I got home, I ate a few of the delicious chocolate pretzels that Matt's mom, Olya's boyfriend's mom, sent me!! THEY are so DELICIOUS!! It's good that I don't always have them around because they are so tempting and they call my name to eat them!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2