Sciatica, Parkinson's and Laser Machines

        Today I went to see my childhood friend Leslie.  Her brother-in-law owns a laser company and he was in town to do a few presentations with his friend who is a physician.  She invited me over because they were going to measure me for orthotics.  While I was there, the physician gave me a laser treatment with their newest machine!!  I was so excited because I will do ANYTHING to get rid of or lessen my sciatica pain.  These machines cost about $24,000!
  I couldn't even feel the laser, it wasn't hot or cold.  I am going to tell my pain management doc about the laser, maybe she will be into buying one. I think more and more docs will start to use lasers.  Right now I think they are mainly used by chiropractors and some physical therapists.  I also got a laser treatment on my colon for my colitis and that worked wonderfully!! 
 Leslie has the cutest French Bull dog.  He has his own Instagram account!! He has a few thousand followers! Below is Winston the Wonderful!

When I got home, I ate lunch and then I felt really nauseous again.  I took my nausea meds and laid down on the couch! I had eaten chicken and a few cookies and kept it down but I was sick all afternoon. I am so tempted ot go take one of the Reglen meds because they really work for nausea but I have enough medical issues without adding to my PD problems! Now my sciatica is acting up so terribly.  I am in so much pain and I can barely walk. Maybe the laser makes a patient feel worse and then they heal. I just don't know.  Tomorrow I was supposed to go to hear Alan Pedersen, a grief expert, speak to our bereaved parent group. I told my friends that I most likely will not be attending. I am so disappointed but I am just too sick to go.  Being sick is the pits, it is just totally overwhelming. I am supposed to go back to get another laser treatment tomorrow but I am a little nervous to get another one.   I hope I feel better in the morning!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2