OMG, Sciatica pain is SO MUCH LESS

        My sciatica pain is so much less than it has been.  My Sciatica started in April of 2018 and except for a day or two following cortisone injections, I have NOT had  much reprieve from pain.   I have tried physical therapy twice, many cortisone injections, acupuncture, medical marijuana, and the Hyperbaric Chamber.  My Sciatica is so stubborn, it just stayed and stayed.  There were days I just wanted to scream from the pain and stayed in bed or on the couch most of the day! The only thing that ever worked was when I broke my foot and the podiatrist gave me a  Medrol Dose pack and that had the secondary effect of having less sciatica pain. I was going to ask my pain management doc to put me on a low dose steroid daily to alleviate some of my Sciatica pain. I know it is not good to take steroids for a long time but I just want to get rid of my pain! 
         My girlfriend's BIL owns a laser company and he had his associate give me laser treatments.(Diowave Laser Systems). http://www.diowavelaser.com/?fbclid=IwAR2-iRF94DsZwsTMnrQBmays0He6jZ8MGUYa4QXFCyFf7sYx0V9iji2mUqk(I had two laser treatments so far. I was in terrible pain after the first treatment but the second treatment worked like a charm!  I still have a great deal of pain but it is less and it is manageable!  Her BIL gave e the name of a local PT who has a laser machine and I will schedule with her this week.  He thinks I need about 15 treatments! My Sciatica is stubborn so I may need more than 15 but I am willing to take any relief.  My next stop would have been to have an ablation and that could still happen.
        Yesterday my three long time besties took me out for a birthday lunch!


I LOVE birds so this card was very appropriate for me!!
We always have so much fun and spend most of the time laughing,  and laughter really is the best medicine ever! When I am with Jackie, Carol, and Nancy, I just feel like the old me, not the  me  with painful Sciatica and no Parkinson's. After the lunch, I met Olivia and Dan at the movies for a little family time. We saw  Playing With Fire(When straight-laced fire superintendent Jake Carson and his elite team of firefighters come to the rescue of three siblings, they quickly realize that no amount of training could prepare them for their most challenging job yet -- babysitting. As their lives, jobs and depot get turned upside down, the three men soon learn that children -- much like fires -- are wild and unpredictable.)
     The movie was really funny!!
    When I was at my friend Leslie's house, she showed me these flower bulbs that I am obsessed with.

They are Amaryllis bulbs and they don't need to be watered!!!!!
They are a perfect fit for me.! I am obsessed with them. They are NOT cheap, they are about $32 per bulb but I think they are well worth it! They take about 5 - 6 weeks to bloom so they will be fully bloomed before Christmas!  I bought 5 bulbs, I purchased three bulbs for me, two red, and one white. I bough one for my mother-in-law for Christmas and I bought one for my sister-in-law just because she is the nicest person on the planet!!
        This morning I got up and my Sciatica pain is still less.  I will call today to make an appointment for more laser treatments so that my Sciatica doesn't come back full force!  My Parkinson's is front and center. I guess it didn't seem as bad when I had so much pain. However, my Parkinson's is definitely progressing.  I am shuffling more and more and it has become more and more difficult for me to get up from a sitting position. I had thought no one really noticed my Parkinson's but when I was at Leslie's dinner party, I guess it was obvious to others. Someone wanted me to follow them out of the room to show me something and I was a little slow on the uptake, I  said, I am sorry I am slow but I have Parkinson's and she said, yes, I know!
       i just got back form seeing my family doc. I had to see him as a follow up from my hospital stay.  He sent me for more blood work and wants me to have a colonoscopy!  He told me to schedule an appt with my gastro doc!  I am seeing enough docs this week.  I have to see an eye surgeon tomorrow to prepare for cataract surgery!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2