Really Good Day and Lunch Out with a Good Friend!!

        Today I had a lunch date with my really good friend.  I dreaded the idea of falling but I was fine, actually I was really good. I took my meds about twenty minutes before I met with her and that is the best time for me.  My meds work great for most of the day but they really wane as the day goes on! I barely even shuffled! I don't understand why the day was so wonderful but I am NOT going to look a gift horse in the mouth!  There are some people who are so nice and kind and good and it is just a pleasure to spend time with them.  My friend Deb G reminds me of my sister-in-law Pennie.  I feel good when I am with either one of them. It's sort of like their goodness rubs off on me.  My friend Deb is always such a positive person, I don't think she ever gets mad or angry about anything. Like me she is an older(but not old) adoptive mom and we share the joys and struggles of parenting at our age.  Deb and I have the same parenting philosophy!  I had such a wonderful time with her.  She even waited outside for me in case I needed her help to walk in. BUT I didn't, I just shuffled a tiny  bit!!


        When I got home, I thought that I would have the same usual walking and balancing problems but they were much less today!!  I scrubbed the downstairs bathroom and ran my Roomba and scrubbed all of the kitchen counters!  I started making bows for the Christmas Cookie packages that Priscilla and I make! Priscilla wants to make candy and chocolate pretzels too.  Maybe that is a good thing, PLAN BIG and see how it goes!! I hope my good feeling spree continues!!


        Today I was chatting online with a bereaved mom. I have never met her in person but she probably only lives less than an hour from me. She lost her only child two years ago, her son, to Lyme Disease.  She and her husband are thinking about coming to the night bereaved parents group. I hope she comes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2