Parkinson's in Vegas!!

        Dan and I went to Las Vegas for a few days!  We went to see the Donny and Marie Show. I am a big fan of Donny and Marie and their show is ending in a few weeks. Of course, stupid me, decides NOT to take a walker or cane.  I thought I would be fine without one.  BIG MISTAKE!!  We went to the airport and parked in short term parking because it is close and I wouldn't have to walk as much. However, the gate was SO SO SO FAR away from the parking garage. I missed my walker!!   I took two Tylenol before I left the house but that barley put a dent in the sciatica pain I felt !!!  told Dan to force me to tale my walker for the next trip in Dec. I took my Parkinson's meds so my balance wasn't too bad but I still had trouble if I had to get on and off escalators or stairs if there wasn't an elevator. When we got to the screening place, I had so much trouble trying to lift my leg to take my shoes off that the guy just said." never mind, just leave them on!!! And go over there!!" So I walked through a place that doesn't scan, I had keys and change and a pair of nail clippers in my pockets. It's good I wasn't a terrorist because they just let me through!

        We stayed at the Flamingo Hotel because that is where the show was going to be.  It was a beautiful hotel and I  have a thing for Flamingos!! I just love watching them.  My sciatica was so bad, I think because I had to walk so much at both airports. I was so glad to get to the hotel. The next day I played the slot machines and then we took the monorail around Vegas.  We got off at the last stop.  We walked a block to get to the strip!  It was fun watching all of the people and going in the shops.  We got t-shirts for Olivia, Olya and Renee! Dan said that our hotel was easier to just walk to than to walk all the way back to the monorail station and stupid me believed him. NUMBER 2 BIG MISTAKE!!!  On the map, it was about three inches but it was soooooo far in reality!!! There were so many showgirls walking around and taking pictures with tourists!! They were barely dressed, some had only glittery nipple pads on their breasts and NOTHING else!!   We passed by the TOM FORD store and I had to take a photo because that is my dad's name!    
Of course, we stopped several times because I just froze from Parkinson's and was in excruciating pain from sciatica!!  But I was able to force myself to eat the ice-cream through the pain!!  I was never so glad to see a hotel as  when we got close to the Flamingo!!
            We first sat by the pond where the Flamingos and turtles were located.  We sat by the pool and read our books. Then we got ready for the show a few hours later.  The show was beyond fabulous. I forgot just how many different things that Donnie and Marie did over the course of their careers!! I didn't want the show to end and I am so glad I got to see it. I didn't even think about Sciatica or Parkinson's while I was at the show! The room was arranged by tables instead of just chairs! We sat in a really comfy booth!






After entertaining audiences since their September 2008 debut, Donny & Marie Osmond have announced the final shows of their legendary residency in the Donny & Marie Showroom at Flamingo Las Vegas. The multi-talented duo will return to the stage for their final performances through Nov. 16, 2019.
What began as only a six-week concert engagement ended up being so well received that by popular demand, the residency was extended again and again. After Donny & Marie celebrated 10 years of performing on the Las Vegas stage last September, the duo will enter their 11th and final year of performances while bestowing Flamingo with their everlasting legacy. 
Donny and Marie feature some of their chart-topping hits, including: "Puppy Love," "Paper Roses," "Morning Side of the Mountain," "I'm Leavin' it (All) Up To You," and "Soldier of Love." This showcase of unmatched harmonies continues today with their number one hit, "A Beautiful Life," from their duet album, "Donny & Marie."
Chronicling five decades in a 90-minute show, Donny gets a little rock 'n' roll and then Marie goes country in "These Boots Were Made For Walking." "Dancing With the Stars" season nine champion Donny delivers a commanding performance, featuring hits from his solo career and an updated hip hop rendition of The Osmond Brother's classic "Yo-Yo" complete with innovative choreography. With a supreme band, sparkling costumes and plenty of high-energy dance numbers, this Strip production show is the only place to see these megastars belt out their popular hits old and new.



    I hated to leave Vegas because we had so much fun despite my pain.  I won $100 the first night we played the slots but I lost most of it over the course of a few days!! 
Piff the Magic Dragon also had a show at the Flamingo Hotel. He was a contestant on America's Got Talent.  He didn't win but he was one of the finalists!  




   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2