FEELING BETTER!!! and RAIN, RAIN, Go Away!!

        Today I felt a little better from my stomach bug.   I didn't even think about my PD when I got up because when I have an upset stomach, it rules my life.  On Tue night I couldn't sleep again and after a few hours I got up and took a few drops of my liquid medical marijuana.  I fell asleep for two hours and then I was wide awake again. Yesterday I laid around most of the morning because I had book club in the evening and I wanted to go. The book we had read was Station Eleven.  The book was really not my forte but I read the entire thing so I wanted to go to the discussion! I didn't feel that well even then so I listened more than I chatted.  Most of the group  didn't like the book, I thought it was OK.  The librarian loved the book, she is a sci-fi fan!  (Station Eleven is a 2014 novel by Emily St. John Mandel. It is Mandel's fourth novel. The novel takes place in the Great Lakes region after a fictional swine flu pandemic, known as the "Georgia Flu", has devastated the world, killing most of the population).  

       I had to think about my PD when I went to book club because it  and my sciatica both decided to rear their ugly heads. I had to do the two and three step shuffle to get into the building and I was wishing that I had my walker with me.  I just wanted to get to a chair to sit down and get off of my feet and stop walking!  You'd think I'd be smart enough by now that I would leave a walker in the car.  I have three walkers, two of which were given to me by friends!  My friend Priscilla got me two bags to attach to my lightweight walker so I could carry things.  And yet, I never have a walker with me?
        Last night after trying to go to sleep for a few hours, I got up and took some of the medical marijuana drops. They did NOTHING!! I have insomnia and I can't shake it.  If I wasn't tired, maybe I could do something productive with the hours I am awake but all I do is toss and turn!  And when you have PD, tossing and turning in themselves are huge issues!  Movement at night is so difficult especially when the sheets get all bunched up! Today my Sciatica is way beyond hurting, I don't think a word exists for today's pain.  Severe is too gentle a word to describe today's pain. Maybe the rain is to blame for it.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!

         
         

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2