The Marriage of Parkinson's and Sciatica


      I have been trying to get rid of Sciatica but it is staying and is firmly planted in me. Parkinson's and Sciatica are painful and so annoying!!  They just don't quit, day after day after day!! I am starting to think of Parkinson's and Sciatica as a sick  married couple!! Mr Parkinson's will continue to slow me down in life and Ms. Sciatica will always be a pain in my butt(that is exactly where the pain starts!)!! They are a bad match but they are determined to stay in the relationship.  If I could get rid of Ms. Sciatica I would be so happy!! I know that Mr. Parkinson's will be with me forever.  What a wonderful thing to know...........Mr. Parkinson's will go to the grave with me!   I  first thought of Ms Sciatica as a thing that would come and go but once I got diagnosed with PD, she was and is determined to stay.   Ms. Sciatica chose to keep her maiden name!  I wish they would get a divorce!!   Some days, like today, they are ghoulish but not as bad as other days!!  Today is the best day I have had in a while and I hope my pain stays at bay for a bit.  I am hoping that the orthotics will drive out Ms. Sciatica to a new home.  Maybe she can go off and have a fling elsewhere!! I have a sick feeling that she will stay no matter what.  She has lived with me over a year and a half.

        This is how they looked when they first moved in but they were deceitful. They were quiet but Ms. Sciatica pushed Mr Parkinson's to the back of the room and she took over! When she is in power, I have to use a walker to get around! She is usually in control but every once in awhile, Mr. Parkinson's goes crazy and takes over. On those days, he makes me shuffle my feet like crazy, and my balance is off, I fall forward easily, and I have difficulty getting up and down from a chair, bed, etc.  and then I need a walker or I will keep falling forward or to the right or left.
Mr Parkinson's only gave me a bit of difficulty getting up and down from chairs and shuffling my feet a little. I thought it was all due to Ms. Sciatica who moved in my body in April 2018.  She is firmly planted! They must have been seeing each other for months but I just didn't know!! Mr Parkinson's officially moved in in Jan of 2019!
I think they are both here for the long run. I am going to do my best to get rid of Ms. Sciatica and calm down Mr Parkinson's!! I just don't want Mr. Parkinson's to look for a new mate, because God knows what he'd bring in for me!!
My vision continues to go to double vision when I am reading, watching TV, or typing on the computer. I realize that I close my right eye automatically and I have to force myself to open it. I think it closes when the double vision starts!!
I am so excited today because of my girlfriend's birthday party!! We will all have so much fun and when I am out with other people and busy, I totally forget about my issues!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2