Sciatica PAIN While Driving

        On Sat., Dan and I left to pick up Olya and go to Dan's hometown. It was three and a half hours to get to Olya and then another two to get to Dan's hometown. I stopped at a Goodwill Store and got a few new Christmas plates for the cookie gifts that my friend Priscilla and I make!  After we picked up Olya, we first headed to visit Dan's cousin Dori.  Dan and Dori went to high school together. It was the first time I had been at this home of Dori's.  Dori's husband Gene was in the Military and they moved about 15 times!! We had fun chatting with them! My Parkinson's wasn't too bad. I took my meds as directed but I still had to do the two and three step shuffle!  I didn't need my walker and that is always a good thing!!
        Then we headed to St. Marys.  The trees started changing colors and that part of the drive was beautiful to see! I had taken two Tylenol before we left because I am the driver. Dan drives way too aggressively for me. My leg started to throb after I drove about three hours. I couldn't take any more meds because I do not want to get Pancreatitis again. So I just had to let it throb and it did!! We stayed overnight in a really nice hotel in St Marys. We always get two rooms because we all like our own bed. Olya slept in Dan's room so I had the room all to myself and I loved it!!


        The next morning Dan's brother Larry and his wife Pennie came to meet us in St. Marys. Pennie also grew up in St. Marys.  The three of us got into Larry's car.  Dan, Larry, and Pennie had fun chatting about people they all knew and about things that had changed in the town!!  I remembered the movie theater on the corner.  Dan told us that all the kids went to the matinee on Saturdays for$.25!!  It is Impossible to believe that Movies use to cost twenty five cents! Dan said he once say a Three Stooges Movie and the Stooges were  going up in a spaceship and he couldn't handle it so he ran home! He was afraid for them!!He said he was five and he just couldn't handle watching it!    We went to the cemetery for Olya to put flowers on Dan's father's and mother's grave. Olya never met Dan's mom but she knew his dad.


       We then went to a small airport on the outskirts of town!  We ate in the restaurant and got to see a few planes take off.!  The food was really good and we all had fun chatting. I dreaded driving home because my leg felt like a hot poker was in my joint and it was just stabbing and stabbing me nonstop. I again took two Tylenol after we left the airport. Then we got back in our car and started the drive to take Olya back to school. We stopped at Michaels' Craft Store because she is doing a craft with her roommate Kaylee!  Olya is fortunate to have such nice roommates.  She chooses friends well! Last weekend Olivia and Frankie went to visit them,  and Frankie told me how nice the roommates were! Nate, one of Olya's roommate, told me that he really liked Frankie and Olivia and said they were great!  We had to jump Nate's car for him because his battery was dead so we did that when we dropped Olya. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2