Keep My Brain Busy and Parkinson's/ Sciatica stay at Bay

         Today I got out of bed like a normal person. I usually have to try to pull myself up and turn and twist and get on my stomach and slide off my bed. BUT this morning, I just got up.  CRAZY!!! That has not happened in over a year and a half.  My sciatica hurt as I walked but it was definitely better than it has been!! I took a quick shower, I had to sit on my shower chair, and my balance seemed OK. I deluded myself into thinking I would keep improving all day.  After I showered and dressed, I started to clean out the garage, then I needed my walker. I just looked up and said.....Are You Messing with ME, Lord?  Then I thought that I should shut up, which I did, and just be thankful for the few hours reprieve I had this morning. It was so greatly appreciated! I cleaned a few more things out of the garage! It seems the "stuff" in our house is never ending!!


        My daughter called me from work and said she didn't feel well so I told her that I would pick her up and we could get her car later. She insisted on driving home. Her pains got worse so I took her to the ER! WE were there from about 1 pm until 5:30 pm and the entire rime I forgot that I had Sciatica and Parkinson's. I was worried about my daughter and couldn't think about myself. My brain was busy processing the information about her condition!  Most of the time I sat in those awful waiting room hard chairs because the ER was crazy busy!!  I did the 2 and 3 step shuffle a few times but other than that, my gait was fine.We were able to leave at 5:30 after she got IV pain meds .  She had a burst cyst on her ovary which is extremely painful but I am so glad that is all it was. I was hoping that she didn't have appendicitis or a kidney infection or something that she had to be admitted for!  We stopped at ACME on the way home because she wanted to get some soup and snacks. I had to hold onto the cart to walk because my PD symptoms and my Sciatica pain came back with a bang!  When we got home, I was in so much pain....I don't get it.  But I should just be happy for the pain relief I had this morning and for the hidden PD symptoms that stayed at bay for the most part until we left the hospital.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2