A Painful Slow Unbalanced Day

       

         Thursday I got up and just had a feeling that it was going to be a not so good day! I had to stretch and wiggle and toss and turn to get out of bed and my pain was there as soon as I opened my eyes!! I finally got out of bed after I struggled to get out from under the covers! I was exhausted just getting out of bed. That may sound crazy but it is really true. 
 I thought I was making progress the last few days but I am NOT!  My leg just throbbed and throbbed from Sciatica!  I had to use a walker all day long.  I hope this is just a minor set back not a major one.  I logically know that Parkinson's is a degenerative and progressive disease so I should expect what is happening to me. However, I keep fighting the symptoms and try to push through the set backs.  I hired some people to come and sweep and mop my basement floor. it took them a few  hours but it looks fabulous! If they work for me on the weekends they bring their son Kevin who is 7 years old!  I always give him $5 when he works with them.  Dan had an extra train set and tracks so I sent it home with his parents for him.  I am so off balance, I am so glad that I didn't have anywhere I had to get to today! I am so glad that I have shower bars because I would not be able to shower without them to steady me!!
   

         This morning I had the exact same problem getting up.  I am going to try to sleep closer to the edge of the bed. With my luck I'll fall onto the floor, but hey, at least I'll be out of bed without tossing and turning!! I showered and had to sit in the shower chair and use the pull up shower bars!
        Yesterday I had some cleaning people here to clean my basement. Of course, there are always a few things to put away so I was down there this morning.  I had to bring up a few glasses from the basement and I fell forward onto the wooden steps.  I mean, how many times do I have to fall before I get the message that I can't go up or down steps with things in my hands???   

        After that, I ran my Roomba upstairs in the kitchen. I might need a new one because it is not being as thorough as I would like it to be. I saw a dead leaf on the floor next to my planter and idiotic me bends over to pick it up!  I had just fallen into the steps so you would think I would know NOT to do that. But I did and once again I fell into the wall! I think I might need some mental health help if I keep repeating the same things and keep getting hurt!! My kids have always told me that I am crazy, maybe they are right!!!  All kidding aside, I really need to think before I act! I want to be Parkinson's free but that is NOT going to happen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2