Parkinson's Pals


     
Leslie, Debbie, Priscilla, Donna, Kelly(my online friend), Mary, Joann, Roe, Adriana, Deb, Amy, Myra, Joni, Kathy, Madelyn 

          I think that people like to be with other people who are like them! I know that for me, I enjoy  being with other adoptive moms. I have a few adoptive mom friends and they  are really great people to be around.  My sister is also an adoptive mom so that is another strong bond. I also feel a strong connection with other bereaved parents, especially Debbie and Priscilla, because we definitely understand each other and "get it." My friend Donna is a bereaved mom and an adoptive mom and we have a special friendship.  Leslie is my best friend from childhood! Who doesn't love being with someone who knew you when you were a kid and shared special times together? When my kids were growing up,  I became friends with other moms with kids in that stage of life.  Jackie, Nancy, Linda and I became best friends years and years ago. Linda was also my next door neighbor and her daughter Amy and my daughter Amy were best friends.  Later, Carol joined our group. Of course, during the college years, we also make other friends who stay our friends for life because we shared a special journey together! I guess we make friends and have acquaintances during the stages of our lives!  Now I am at the stage of life with Parkinson's.  I think I should join a support group and be with people like myself! I started an online group and have over 300 members but I think it is important to be with others like myself in person!    peoplewith parkinsons.blogspot.com
   


Jackie, Carol, Nancy, Linda, and Colleen
     



     Today I was in a regular bathroom stall.  The handicap stall was taken and there was a line so I just went into a regular stall.  After sitting there for just a few minutes my left leg went numb!  This has never happened before! It wasn't like it fell asleep because I kept banging it on the floor and ran my hands up and down it to try to get the circulation going in my leg.  I sat there for about twenty minutes and that is a LONG time when there is a line of women waiting to use a toilet!  I finally got up by leaning on the toilet paper holder and the edge of the toilet seat.  I sort of dragged my leg over to the sink and just sort of stood there and eventually some feeling came back but it was very, very scary.  And I still felt the sciatica pain in my SI Joint but not down my leg while it was numb.  I guess that is just another new issue to deal with from PD.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2