Parkinson's and my Doctor Visit!!

        Today I had an appointment with my family doc because of my swollen foot. It is difficult for me to get my swollen foot into my loose sneakers!! My doc sent me for an x-ray of my foot.  He said it is swollen so I most likely have a stress fracture and they don't really show up on X-rays often. He called and said it didn't show a fracture so I have to go get an MRI of my foot! Gee, just what I need!! Another issue!! I really hope that I don't have to go into the machine and that I only have to put my foot into the machine!


         The really wonderful and strange thing is that my sciatica is not that bad today!! My foot is killing me so maybe the Sciatica feels bad for me and is taking a day off! I DON'T KNOW WHY it doesn't hurt as much. Maybe it will get better and better! I am just so so so happy to have a break from the pain. I didn't even take my walker into the doctor's office this morning!  About halfway into the office, I realized that I left it in the car but I could still walk without it with a small amount of pain!!!! This is such a fluke, I am trying to think about what I did or didn't do yesterday for the pain to be moderately less. It is NOT gone by any means but I definitely can handle this!!!



         My doc gave me the name of a doctor to see about getting the radio frequency ablation  on my SI Joint for Sciatica!! Maybe I won't even need it! I am feeling so happy today!  Even if the pain is less for just today, I will be so thankful!! None of us appreciate good health until we don't have it!

         After my doc appointment and x-ray, I drove Olivia to work. Then I walked around in CVS but I didn't buy anything. I went home and changed and went to Book Club. The daytime Book Club is so wonderful!! There are only about 5 people that come during the daytime and everyone gets to chat! The librarian told us that the night time group complained that she started a day group because they wanted the group to stay large That is because the people who complained are the people who monopolize the conversation and want a large group to listen to them!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2