Off Balance With Parkinson's, Sciatica, and YIKES times 23 BATS!!!


        Yesterday  I stayed home most of the day because my balance was off.  From the moment I got up, I had so much difficulty walking to the bathroom. I NEVER had my balance so off before.  If I had to walk a straight line for a cop, I would have failed the sobriety test!! My friend Leslie picked me up at noon for our lunch date. By then, my balance was a little better! I just figured, what the heck?? If I fall, I fall!  And I was pretty good walking. I got to ride in her Tesla!! She has such a cool car! I felt like I was in a space capsule!
    Leslie just got back from a trip to Alaska!! She brought me a dish towel and POTATO CHIP candy bars! I loved both gifts but those candy bars are ssssoooooooooo delicious!!!!!



          Leslie was telling me that her brother-in-law sells laser machines and he left one at her house for her to use because she has some hip discomfiture. She hasn't used it yet but she was texting with her BIL Bruce while we were together.   I've never met him, he lives in Florida!  But he called me and asked me to send him some photos and he is going to send them to his friend who is a doctor and see if they can work out a plan for me to use the machine at Leslie's house!! It's such a blessing to have wonderful friends who want to  help!   I had deep tissue laser when I went to the chiropractor but it was so expensive! I really hope that Bruce's machine helps my sciatica!!

Sciatica is a term that describes the symptoms of leg pain caused by the sciatic nerve, and is a type of pain experienced when your sciatic nerve is affected by another underlying condition of the spine. The sciatic nerve is the largest nerve in your body, running from your back down each of your legs and to your feet.
Compression of the nerve root caused from a spinal condition can result in sciatic nerve pain, or radiating pain in the back and/or legs that typically occurs on one side of your body and can spread down to your foot.
 I just found this info online.  I had never known or been told about this procedure below!

 Do you have spinal or foraminal stenosis? Herniated discs, bulging discs and facet hypertrophy are common causes and side effects of stenosis, which require further treatment.
Most doctors treat these spinal cord and disc-related issues with a laminectomy, but here at NJSO, we’ve developed our own smarter and more advanced minimally invasive solution called a laminoforaminotomy.

What Is a Laminoforaminotomy?
A new technique called a laminoforaminotomy was created by NJSO’s world-renowned surgeon and industry expert, Dr. Scott Katzman. He creates a very tiny hole to work through and fix the stenosis. Through a hole the size of a dime or nickel (and with the aid of a long narrow tube) our surgeons can perform a laminectomy and foraminotomy.


Laser treatment may last as little as 5 minutes, or as long as 20 minutes. The total number of treatments is generally 8-15 depending upon many factors which will be evaluated by your physician. It is important to remember that an immediate relief of pain does not mean the condition is fully healed.



Watching the BATS come out of my chimney is surreal!  I feel like i am watching a horror movie!!!!!!!!
 
Bats, like people, usually only have one baby at a time although on occasion they'llhave twins. Pups are born without hair -- they look tiny, scrawny and pink. They drink milk from their mothers like all mammals do.


YIKES!!!! YIKES!!!!YIKES!!!!!
  Last night Olivia, Frankie and Olivia's friend were out on the pool deck at dusk. They took these videos of the BATS!!! They counted 23 freaking BATS!!!!! And each bat has at least one baby!! So there are at least 46 BATS in my CHIMNEY!!! YIKES! YIKES ! YIKES!!
There are multiple reasons why you should never remove bats during the maternity season. The first reason is that it is illegal. Bats are a protected species due to the benefits they provide by eating insects and pests. Occasionally, there are special circumstances where an order is provided by the state allowing for the removal of the bats during the maternity season, but these orders are not given in ordinary situations. If you remove bats during the maternity season without a special permit, then you can be prosecuted and heavily fined. 

Another reason why you should not remove bats during the maternity season is that it is inhumane. The babies are unable to get food during the maternity season because they cannot fly. If you remove the mothers and block their access to the roost, then the babies are going to starve to death. This is not only cruel and inhumane, but it can also cause bigger problems for you. 

Some of the mother bats may be relentless in their search for another way into your home or building to get to their babies. They could get in through gaps or cracks that might have been missed when setting up the exclusion devices. They might also try getting in through open doors and windows, and gain entry to the living or working areas of the home or building. The trauma of having a colony of mother bats rush through your open door desperately searching for their babies is not something you want to experience. 

Baby Safety
As the babies will be starving, they are likely to crawl down walls and into the living areas of the building. They are very small, and they can easily get through cracks and gaps. As they are searching for food, they could end up spread out all through your home or building. Additionally, many are likely to die within the walls as they try to find food. Most bat colonies contain a minimum of perhaps 40 female bats, which means 40 babies, as each mother will have one pup per season. That means you could end up with the stench of 40 or more dying animals in your house. Not only will the smell be horrific, but it also increases the risk of infestations as other organisms feed on the decaying bodies. 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2