DIFFICULTY Turning over in BED!!!!

       It's sort of stupid that I am writing about turning over in bed!  Every morning I wake up, force myself to open my eyes(I actually have t tell myself to do it or God knows how long I'd lay there with my eyes closed.) Then begins the process of getting out of bed!  I see where I am in the bed and then try to roll or scooch over towards the edge of the bed.  I can't get too close to the edge or I will really slide down the side!  I know that because it has happened!!  Then I get to the edge and try to reach for my walker. However, this seems easier said than done and it is!!Sometimes my leg is throbbing so badly that I can hardly move it and sometimes parts of my feet get numb so I can only walk baby steps. My feet don't want to move, they sort of freeze to the floor! Then I force myself to move forward bit by bit!  I am always hunched over in the morning when I get out of bed.  Several times I think about crawling to the bathroom but getting up would be horrible!
Image result for parkinson's and difficulty moving in bed
I found this info online!
Do you feel stiff in your body, arms or legs? Have others noticed that your arms don’t swing like they used to when you walk? Sometimes stiffness goes away as you move. If it does not, it can be a sign of Parkinson's disease. An early sign might be stiffness or pain in your shoulder or hips. People sometimes say their feet seem “stuck to the floor.”

 Stiffness (rigidity) or slowness (bradykinesia): Motor symptoms of Parkinson's that can cause pain, discomfort or difficulty turning over in bed at night. ... Satin sheets or silk pajamas may make it easier to move in bed and regular exercise or physical therapy may help by improving general mobility.

      Are you not standing up as straight as you used to? If you or your family or friends notice that you seem to be stooping, leaning or slouching when you stand, it could be a sign of Parkinson's disease (PD)
.
   I am afraid to try stain sheets.  Dan and I bought them many years ago and we kept sliding around all night and didn't get much sleep!

       Today I went to the dentist because one of my caps came off when I was flossing last night!  I have been going to the same dental practice for about 40 years!! I know the staff well! They kept telling me how good I looked without using my walker.  I was a shuffling fool so I am wondering how AWFUL I looked the last time I saw them!! My appointment was at 11 a m but I had to start getting ready at 8:30.  It takes me over an hour to shower and get dressed. I had to dry my hair and that took about 45 minutes.  Then I had to gather my things and go because I had to drive there for 20 minutes and park and walk in! I got there at exactly 11! That was exhausting and I barely did anything

       Olivia called me when I was on my way to Kohls.  She had just shampooed my friend MJ.  Olivia told me that she had seen MJ's name in the scheduling book and wondered why it sounded familiar to her.  MJ recognized her and they had a nice chat!  I told Olivia that it is a very small world with lots of connections to others!! 

        Then I ran a few errands, got gas, stopped at CVS and returned an item to Kohl's.  When I got home at 3 pm, all I wanted to do was take a nap!! I decided to force myself to stay awake because I already have sleeping difficulties due to Parkinson's and I don't want to mess up my sleep schedule.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akinetic-rigid Parkinson's Disease

Does My Family Really Understand My PD LIMITATIONS??

June 2